new shoes

Options
gennyf47
gennyf47 Member Posts: 30
edited 30. Jan 2009, 05:04 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello
I'm 47, new to this OA, RA etc lark, got bit of both all over the place, more of a nuisance than anything at the mo, rather than some of the awful stories on here.
Left foot annoys me the most ( at the moment that is ), none of my shoes are comfy any more, I walk strangely, it hurts no matter what I do - what I need is advice from anybody on where to buy some decent shoes that will hopefully be comfy.
Or will I have to walk this way forever.
Oh and I'd like to get hold of an exercise DVD suitable for my arthritis - any ideas again please everybody.
Many many thanks.
PS Have ordered trainers to wear with trousers but would like something girly to go with skirts.

Comments

• colinone
    colinone Member Posts: 1,039
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Genny with a G
    If you have a chat with the rheumy tell her about your foot problems and ask can she refer you to the department that makes the shoes i cant remember what its called. but there is no reason why she should not refer you if its meeting your needs.
    They have quite a sellection from trainers to dress shoes or do you call them going out shoes. They are hand made and fitted to your feet its worth a look if you can swing it with the rheumy. Take Care
    Colin
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    There is a shoe thread on the young peoples forum if you care to take a look - may help. Crocs and MBT's are very comfortable for me.

Happy walking!

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • j0nn13
    j0nn13 Member Posts: 26
    Options
    The best shoes I have found for my RA Sore Feet have been Crocs. Started off on holiday to florida last year, I was getting very sore feet walking around the Theme Parks. So I bought a pair of Crocs and Wham, feet were so much better! I got a pair of Crocs Yukon as they are less garish than most crocs and unless you looked closely, may not even know they are crocs.

Hope you find something that works for you!
  • jennywren
    jennywren Bots Posts: 79
    Options
    I swear by my Dr Martens I have many colours and my latest is royal blue all I need is a hunk to tie them up, that is when I don't wear my slip ons they are so comfy and if men dont like me in them then as far as I am concenred it is tough why sholud we wear high heels just to please whilst our feet are crippling us????
  • greyheron
    greyheron Member Posts: 167
    Options
    gennyf47 wrote:
    Hello
    I'm 47, new to this OA, RA etc lark, got bit of both all over the place, more of a nuisance than anything at the mo, rather than some of the awful stories on here.
    Left foot annoys me the most ( at the moment that is ), none of my shoes are comfy any more, I walk strangely, it hurts no matter what I do - what I need is advice from anybody on where to buy some decent shoes that will hopefully be comfy.
    Or will I have to walk this way forever.
    Oh and I'd like to get hold of an exercise DVD suitable for my arthritis - any ideas again please everybody.
    Many many thanks.
    PS Have ordered trainers to wear with trousers but would like something girly to go with skirts.

Lots of great replies re shows - but has anyone got any ideas re the exercise DVD? I'm interested in that too !

Wendy
  • marief
    marief Member Posts: 26
    Options
    HI
    Before you spend a fortune on finding shoes or trainers that you are able to walk in for a while but still hurt sometime go to you doctor (Arthritis) an ask to see someone how can make you Orthotics for you shoes but also they will make you boots or shoes and you can get deep fitting trainers so the Orthotics will fit them , this will improve you walking and you feet .
    I had very bad feet and found walking really hurt but its the best thing ever when I got some boots made with Orthotics , I spent so much money trying to find shoes that fitted my feet and didnt hurt wore them once then gave them to charity's.

hope helps
    marie
  • redpoppy
    redpoppy Member Posts: 108
    Options
    hi genny,i came across an exercise dvd called EXERCISE BEATS ARTHRITIS on the asda site as i was looking for a dance dvd for my bf.i just went on to the dvd section and typed in excercise and it came up with that.dont know who its by or if its anygood.
  • colinone
    colinone Member Posts: 1,039
    Options
    I get my new shoes from the orthotics 4th feb and cant wait, shoes can be a nightmare.
    Colin