mikes update //CONFUSHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
mike77
mike77 Member Posts: 879
edited 28. Jan 2009, 06:22 in Living with Arthritis archive
hI aLL,

Well I went down to Larne for my results, ambulance called for me at 8.30am and my appointment was for 11.05 am arrived at Moyle Hospital at 10.00 was not called until 11.30am.

sat in a side room while the surgeon looked at results. then into room he came . he asked me the name of painkillers ( Tesmic called other things I said he said right lie down please I did this as he moved my leg och och och right other one same only the pain was ore severe. right I looked at the results and it showed up early signs of arthritis :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: I said what do you mean early he said just means no need for surgey now I am confushed he said I need a cortazone injection rheumy said it is severe oa who do I listen too :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

Mike R & Hazel & mike JR
Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR

Comments

• colinone
    colinone Member Posts: 1,039
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    mike77 wrote:
    hI aLL,

Well I went down to Larne for my results, ambulance called for me at 8.30am and my appointment was for 11.05 am arrived at Moyle Hospital at 10.00 was not called until 11.30am.

sat in a side room while the surgeon looked at results. then into room he came . he asked me the name of painkillers ( Tesmic called other things I said he said right lie down please I did this as he moved my leg och och och right other one same only the pain was ore severe. right I looked at the results and it showed up early signs of arthritis :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: I said what do you mean early he said just means no need for surgey now I am confushed he said I need a cortazone injection rheumy said it is severe oa who do I listen too :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

Mike R & Hazel & mike JR

Hi mike I'm as confused as you. Your rheumy must have sent him a letter or some notes and he would have based his time with you on those notes. I waxill and went into hospital The doctor said i had serious liver problems, The Gp neither use nor ornermen but i saw the rheumy some weeks later who said there is nothing wrong with your live and that it was just scar tissue "but thats another story" what should i do i asked I'm scared nothing she said just dont worry about it. What do you do and who do you believe, you need to talk it through with your rheumy. Take Care
    Colin
  • mike77
    Options
    colinone wrote:
    mike77 wrote:
    hI aLL,

Mike R & Hazel & mike JR

Hi mike I'm as confused as you. Your rheumy must have sent him a letter or some notes and he would have based his time with you on those notes. I waxill and went into hospital The doctor said i had serious liver problems, The Gp neither use nor ornermen but i saw the rheumy some weeks later who said there is nothing wrong with your live and that it was just scar tissue "but thats another story" what should i do i asked I'm scared nothing she said just dont worry about it. What do you do and who do you believe, you need to talk it through with your rheumy. Take Care
    Colin
    hi Colin,

The rhemy sent notes to the surgeon telling him it was oa , at the last visit he was talking about keyhole surgry hence the mri scan now all gps and other counslatants said severe oa , my rhemuy said that I would be told that everything was ok by the surgeon as he would try to advoid giving me suregery , but I had to fight a lot to get it .

going to see if I can speak with her, just totaly fed up now

Mike R & Hazel & Mike Jr
    Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR
  • mandy_b1967
    mandy_b1967 Bots Posts: 115
    Options
    In my experience my gp would neither listen to me nor the consultant. I have been telling my gp for 2 years I had arthritis in my wrist and in my back(I knew this as I have a family history to it) but they knew better and said it was tendonitis in my wrist and bad posture in my back. When I was refered to hospital they xrayed my wrist and said it was severe oa. Back to the doctors about my back with the diagnosis on my wrist and was told it was localised!! Eventually got refered to a rheumy, appointment in 2 weeks but my crohns doctor has already told me that it is probably oa in my back & hip too.

Mike if you are not sure what you are being told due to mixed diagnoisis ring someone and tell them what the other consultant has said and tell them you want it straight.
    good luck
    Mandy
  • mike77
    Options
    In my experience my gp would neither listen to me nor the consultant. I have been telling my gp for 2 years I had arthritis in my wrist and in my back(I knew this as I have a family history to it) but they knew better and said it was tendonitis in my wrist and bad posture in my back. When I was refered to hospital they xrayed my wrist and said it was severe oa. Back to the doctors about my back with the diagnosis on my wrist and was told it was localised!! Eventually got refered to a rheumy, appointment in 2 weeks but my crohns doctor has already told me that it is probably oa in my back & hip too.

Mike if you are not sure what you are being told due to mixed diagnoisis ring someone and tell them what the other consultant has said and tell them you want it straight.
    good luck
    Mandy
    Hi Mandy,
    Thank you for your kind advice, what gets me is that after 8 x rays I was brought into a wee room and told sorry osterarthritis in both hips , now later went to see other cousultant and he said early arthritis so I was confushed then so saw next gp who said it is severe oa all through, the next person was rheumy who x rayed back ,feet, hip and said you have Ostersarthritis and there is oa all through body and you will be told many things by surgeons as they will try and put of surgery but fight them. now few months later another cousultant said right no hip replacement for you but key hole sugery is the way to go , I acutally came away happy saw the very same surgeon that I saw yesterday last year and he said the same thing only he wanted a MRI scan done to track loose bones floating about he said this was causing me lot of pain , so I thought I was getting the results and that the key hole surgery was going be done soon. now this surgeon has said no that key hole surgery is not the way and I am bit young for hip surgery ( 46) and he never saw any bones floating about :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

So mandy I am going to see if I can speak to my rhemy , if not then I have an appiontment on to see my gp next week so I will ask him whats going on , all I want is a striaght answer not five different answers.

Good luck with your rheumy appiontment :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Mike R& hazel & Mike JR
    Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    Hi Mike,
    I hope you get a proper answer soon. It is really frustrating isn`t it?! I have been diagnosed with OA in both hips , originally with left being worst. i have bilateral hip dysplasia also (malformation of hip from birth). This diagnosis was made by 1 consultant who saifd I need THR of left hip, but he couldn`t do it as it was complicated. I then was referred to another hospital. The registrar there saw me first and agreed I needed THR left hip, and when I asked about OA in other hip , he said no and would not need any surgery. Then 10 mins later the consultant came in and said ok THR left hip including bone grafts and that I would need extensive surgery on right hip to correct malformation and hopefully reduce risk of OA worsening! I was very confused!! :?
    I am waiting for a date for THR and will talk further about right hip whilst in hospital. Why can`t we get a straight answer?!!! :shock:
    Take care
    Nicola