Inflamed hamstring

Options
greyheron
greyheron Member Posts: 167
edited 27. Jan 2009, 19:08 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello everybody

I've posted before about my struggles to find the right balance in my rehab after my TKR (too much vs. too little) and my worries that my knee was not bending as far as it should / could.

I saw the physio today, she did a careful exam and has concluded that the stiffness of my knee and the pain I am getting behind the knee when I try to bend it more is due to the fact that my hamstring tendon is inflamed - she 'traced' it up my leg and boy was it tender!

She's limited the exercises I can do and told me to take it easy - just when I was getting back into 'normal life' (e.g. work) again! But at least it explains the pain and why I felt I wasn't making progress. Back to daytime TV, I guess ...

Has anyone else experienced this? Any tips (apart from doing what I'm told!)?

Wendy

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I am sorry to hear that, Wendy, but at least you now know what the problem is. I read on the net that you should heat the area before exercise to help the blood flow, and ice it after exercise to reduce inflammation. You could try that. Otherwise as you say, do as you are told. :lol::lol::lol:

I hope it all clears up very soon for you. :)

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.