Bi-Ventricular pacemaker

jaybar
jaybar Member Posts: 5
edited 19. Feb 2009, 12:59 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi , does anyone out there have any experience of having a bi-ventricular pacemaker fitted ? I know it sounds like an odd question to ask but I have severe o/a in knees , but also have heart failure . I really need a knee replacement , but beacause of heart probs they are not happy to do it , but say when I have this pacemaker it will noy be so much of a problem . Have just had a call from hospital giving me a date :shock: :shock: :shock: so just wondered if anyone else hah had this done .
jane

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Jane
    No personal experience I'm afraid, but I want to wish you well and good luck for the opp. First step in the right direction
    Take care
    Toni x
  • greyheron
    greyheron Member Posts: 167
    jaybar wrote:
    Hi , does anyone out there have any experience of having a bi-ventricular pacemaker fitted ? I know it sounds like an odd question to ask but I have severe o/a in knees , but also have heart failure . I really need a knee replacement , but beacause of heart probs they are not happy to do it , but say when I have this pacemaker it will noy be so much of a problem . Have just had a call from hospital giving me a date :shock: :shock: :shock: so just wondered if anyone else hah had this done .
    jane

Like Toni, no personal experience of the heart op but I have had a knee replacement so I just wanted to wish you luck and will look forward to hearing how things are going.

Wendy
  • jaybar
    jaybar Member Posts: 5
    jaybar wrote:
    jane

Hi all , I was given an appointment to have my pacemaker fitted on feb 16 ( last monday) After spnding almost 5 hours in the pacing lab having an insertion made for the pacemaker and the valiant efforts of the consultant trying to insert the pacing wires they had to give up as they could not get a signal to work , meaning the pacemaker could not do its job , obviously I am devistated as it had been implied that once this was up and runnung considreration would be given to me having a knee replacement . So now I feel in a void and very very sad , all I have to show for it is a gash across my chest.

sorry to moan I know there are many of you out there in lots of pain etc .
    Jane
  • josiec
    josiec Member Posts: 386
    Hi Jane,
    So sorry things did not go to plan for you - are there any other options they could explore? (Sorry, I know very little about this kind of thing) Anyway, just wanted to say am thinking of you and wishing you well.
    Regards,
    Josie