Humira

greglad
greglad Member Posts: 2
edited 30. Jan 2009, 06:59 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello, i'm new here, has anyone had Humira, it has given me my life back. :)

Comments

• lesleygraham
    lesleygraham Member Posts: 91
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I haven't tried humira but I'm currebtly taking Enbrel. At first it was fantastic, I couldn't believe how well I felt. However, after a year its starting to wear off and I'm slowly starting to suffer again. This has come as a real blow because I was just starting to enjoy life again. Hope your meds last alot longer than mine. Good luck.
    Ps I've been up since 3am with pain, got to go to work soon, yipeeee, can't wait (not).
    Lesley
  • ktl297
    ktl297 Member Posts: 50
    Hi,
    I am on humira after trying (and failing) infliximab and enbrel (etanercept). For a while I was doing really well and it seemed to be working but recently I've had a massive flare (which I think is linked to issues at work and not being able to properly manage the disease). I am off work but planning to go back next week. Overall humira has worked best for me out of all of the anti-tnf's I've tried and I even manage the injections fine (despite being nervous at first). I hope it works for you but if it doesn't please don't despair and keep trying! Different drugs work best for different people... KT
  • annic4363
    annic4363 Member Posts: 67
    greglad wrote:
    Hello, i'm new here, has anyone had Humira, it has given me my life back. :)

I started on Humira at the beginning of December. I think I have had 6 doses so far. I was at the hospital yesterday and all my tests were 'better' not fantastic but better is in the right direction.

I do think it is hard moving onto these 'wonder drugs'. You hope against hope that there is a dramatic improvement but you get scared that it might not work. There really is an emotional tussle I think.

Personally I feel better, not so sore or swollen, more energy but I do still get tired. I am back in the pool for the first time in 18 months. That is hard too. I used to swim 40 lengths a day but now am struggling to do 12 three times a week. This just makes me angry. In fact I got out of the pool in tears of frustration earlier this week. Silly Moo! Anyway I am sure that with Humira and perseverance it will get better.

Chat soon

Annie
    x
    x
    x