hello

Options
jan8787
jan8787 Member Posts: 16
edited 31. Jan 2009, 06:15 in Living with Arthritis archive
hi
iam 49 and i had a whiplash injury in december 04.
a car went into the back of me.
i had a lot of problems with my neck after a whiplash injury to cut a long story short.
but recently i have had tortilitis in september which i couldnt move my neck for a week it was so painfull.my doctor now says i have cervical spondylosis .i have numbness and pins and needles in my hands and my fingers and hands and i have like a tingley in my neck which is there all the time.
i have trouble making a meal as i cant peel veg and poatoes,my husband works but makes our meals.i also have pain and ache down my left arm i was in hospital after christmas as the pain in my left arm went across my chest and i had chest pains,iam having tests with that as the doctors think i have angina now.
my lower back also goes into spasm which happens every couple of months, i dont have to do anything it just happens i dont know if this is due to the spondylosis.
i also get chest infections i dont smoke or drink but this happens a lot too.
i havent worked for five years due to the fact that i wouldnt be able to keep a job with the way iam.
iam also at my doctors every week with my neck or back or an infection, i have had blood tests and they come back normal.
a friend told me i should try for dla and i have the form now and iam going to see the citzen advice about how to fill in the form.
if anyone has this or has applied for dla can they e-mail me or anyone as would be nice to talk to someone in the same position.
thank you
jan

Comments

• oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Jan
    just like to say Hi as no one has said hello yet.........stampede must be later! :D
  • eckstardeluxe
    eckstardeluxe Member Posts: 1,192
    Options
    Hi jan, hi oneday, the stampede has begun!

Jan I've sent you a personal message, welcome to the site. I got my proper diagnosis last week and have found some really interesting people here who have really lifted my spirits.

Alex
  • purvesrosie
    purvesrosie Member Posts: 59
    Options
    Hi Jan,
    Welcome to the site. I find it really useful.
    Take care
    Rosie x
  • magenta
    magenta Member Posts: 1,604
    Options
    Hello Jan,
    Welcome from me too :) I'm sorry that I can't help you with regards DLA but I'm sure you'll get tons of replies from people who can.
    Magenta x
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    Hi
    I hope you find this site as much of a support as I do. I have recently completed my DLA application, eventually!!! I had guidance from welfare rights. They were great. The main thing to remember is to answer the questions with your worst day in mind. Be specific about distances you can walk etc It is a bit of a chore timing and measuring but I was surprised about how slowly I walk etc.. If I had guessed I would have been completely wrong. Citizens Advice are good too. Also when you have completed it, photocopy it before you post it, just in case of appeals or lost forms etc..
    Take care
  • mash65
    mash65 Bots Posts: 834
    Options
    jan iv sent u a pm,deb
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hello and welcome, I don't know about dla, but I do about bad backs :) Sue
  • jan8787
    Options
    hi alex
    thank you for ur message
    i have had some nice replies from people.
    have u got spondylosis?
    take care
    jan
  • jan8787
    Options
    hi rosie
    thank u for welcoming me to the site
    i have found some good imfo on here.
    take care
    jan
  • jan8787
    Options
    hi magenta
    thank you for welcoming me to the site,
    take care
    jan
  • jan8787
    Options
    hi bionic
    thank you for ur message
    i have found lots of imfo here,iam not sure who would be best to help with filling in my form but citzen advice is nearer to me so i think it will be them.i can walk fine apart from when my back goes so i wasnt sure about putting that on the form.i was just going to put about the spondylosis.
    will chat again soon
    take care
    jan
  • jan8787
    Options
    hi sue
    thank you for ur message and welcoming me to the site,
    what is wrong with ur back if u dont mind me asking?

will chat soon
    take care
    jan
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    jan8787 wrote:

Hi Jan,
    A quick hi and welcome to the site. It's a good one and has helped me so much, I joined the other day when I was confused (well more confused than normal!) and I have not only discovered a lot, people have been kind to me as well.
    I have no idea about the dla thing but as with Sue I do know a bit about bad backs and hope some body is helping to sort out some managment of your symptons for you. In my time, like most of us I should think, I have tried everything from NHS stuff to all types of alternitive theropy, the least sucessfull being accupunture from a cat and not so gentel manipulation from a cow..... a 4 legged one not slang for a not terribly good alternitive treatment person.... though the cow wasn't terribly good it has to be said!
    Any way welcome to the site and take care. :P
  • eckstardeluxe
    eckstardeluxe Member Posts: 1,192
    Options
    Hi Jan, no spondylosis I'm sure usually refers to the top of your spine and neck, someone else may know better. Mines as has always been referred to as OA. It might be though that spondylosis refers to the whole spine and they are just calling it OA.
  • plmb48
    plmb48 Member Posts: 125
    Options
    hi jan welcome to the forum
    WELFARE RIGHTS thats who you need to get things sorted go to library or yellow pages good luck .pauline (had ra fof 28 years)
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    Hi jan, hi oneday, the stampede has begun!

Jan I've sent you a personal message, welcome to the site. I got my proper diagnosis last week and have found some really interesting people here who have really lifted my spirits.

Alex

Hi Alex,
    off course we all realise this is an arthur stampede,bit slow etc!
  • jan8787
    Options
    hi
    thank to everyone who has replied to my post
    i went to my doctors a couple of days ago and now iam not so sure what i have is cervical spondylosis, as my own doctor on holiday but back next week so making an appointment with him to see if he knows for sure.
    the other doctor said its wear and tear the start of old age thats what she said so that didnt help very much.
    anyway will let you know hopefully when i see my other doctor.
    take care
    jan
    :D