Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

sulpha and the pill

kezzo1kezzo1 Posts: 171
edited 30. Jan 2009, 09:07 in Living with Arthritis archive
is it ok to take the pill when on m combi therapy mt and sulphazalezine? my doc thinks not?? said i should go to family planning and check out other options said i could get preg not sure if believe him but if anyone will know its u guys pls help xx

Comments

• purvesrosiepurvesrosie Posts: 59
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I'm on sulpha and the pill, no one metioned to me about this I hope your gp is wrong lol. I have thought about more permanent contraception but i'm only 23 didn't know what they would do for me?
  • colinonecolinone Posts: 1,406
    Hi Calhorn do you know what dose of depot you get every 12 weeks i had to come off it because of the side effects coming down from it. Any concernrs like the pill or whatever you should consult the Rheumy or Rheumy nurse.
    Colin
  • kezzo1kezzo1 Posts: 171
    to put everyones minds t rest and mine!! i spoke to rhumy etc and yes u can take pill with sulpha like i thought, gp needs re educating i think