PSORIATIC ARTHRITIS

yorkie
yorkie Member Posts: 57
edited 4. Feb 2009, 09:39 in Living with Arthritis archive
I STARTED WITH PSORIATIC ARTHRITUS 12 WEEKS AFTER GIVING BIRTH TO MY SON 14 YEARS AGO AT THE AGE OF 36. I AM NOW 50 AND HAVE SUFFERED WITH SOME BAD FLARE UPS OVER THE YEARS. I HAVE MANAGED TO WORK ALL THIS TIME BUT LAST YEAR WAS QUITE DEPRESSING AS I HAD ACTIVE PA IN BOTH MY FEET AND BOTH HANDS. I COULD COPE WITH ONE HAND BUT WHEN THE OTHER STARTED I BEGAN TO PANIC. I AM A ACTIVE PERSON, LOVE GARDENING AND DOING THINGS MYSELF. ASKING FOR HELP WITH TASKS HIT ME HARD. WHEN MY SON ASKED ME WHY I ALWAYS LOOKED MISERABLE I KNEW I HAD TO TRY. METHOTREXATE

Comments

  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 26,740
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Yorkie
    Sorry I don't have PA myself, but there are lots who do - so I'm bumping your thread up in the hope that they log on over the weekend and see it :!: If you have time to go through the 'old' threads you might find quite a long one.
    Lots of others here are on mtx too so can relate to you on that.
    Hope you are doing ok and welcome
    Take care
    Toni x
    Love

    Toni xxx
  • yorkie
    yorkie Member Posts: 57
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    frogmorton wrote:
    Hi Yorkie
    Sorry I don't have PA myself, but there are lots who do - so I'm bumping your thread up in the hope that they log on over the weekend and see it :!: If you have time to go through the 'old' threads you might find quite a long one.
    Lots of others here are on mtx too so can relate to you on that.
    Hope you are doing ok and welcome
    Take care
    Toni x


    HI TONI
    THANKS FOR YOUR MESSAGE.
    JUST STARTED USING THIS FORUM.
    STILL WORKING OUT WHAT TO DO.
    QUICK START UP ONLY HAS ONE PAGE AND THIS TELLS YOU HOW TO LOG ON. THERE MUST BE MORE INFO?
    THANKS AGAIN
    YORKIE
  • mmarshall
    mmarshall Member Posts: 69
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    yorkie wrote:
    I STARTED WITH PSORIATIC ARTHRITUS 12 WEEKS AFTER GIVING BIRTH TO MY SON 14 YEARS AGO AT THE AGE OF 36. I AM NOW 50 AND HAVE SUFFERED WITH SOME BAD FLARE UPS OVER THE YEARS. I HAVE MANAGED TO WORK ALL THIS TIME BUT LAST YEAR WAS QUITE DEPRESSING AS I HAD ACTIVE PA IN BOTH MY FEET AND BOTH HANDS. I COULD COPE WITH ONE HAND BUT WHEN THE OTHER STARTED I BEGAN TO PANIC. I AM A ACTIVE PERSON, LOVE GARDENING AND DOING THINGS MYSELF. ASKING FOR HELP WITH TASKS HIT ME HARD. WHEN MY SON ASKED ME WHY I ALWAYS LOOKED MISERABLE I KNEW I HAD TO TRY. METHOTREXATE
    Hello
    I think a lot of us on here will know how you feel, looking miserable is all part of having Arthur.
    You have done well coping in the past and it does get you down when you cannot do all the things that you used to do.
    I have RA and I feel really miserable lately and I have not had RA for long. I was so depressed with not be able to cope with day to day things that I was offered Prozac but I refused to take it.
    I am on MTX and recently started on Sulphasalazine and it is not working yet so like everyone else I am just trying to take each day as it comes hoping that I will eventually start to feel better.
    I am sending you a big hug
    Mary x
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    yorkie wrote:
    frogmorton wrote:
    Hi Yorkie
    Sorry I don't have PA myself, but there are lots who do - so I'm bumping your thread up in the hope that they log on over the weekend and see it :!: If you have time to go through the 'old' threads you might find quite a long one.
    Lots of others here are on mtx too so can relate to you on that.
    Hope you are doing ok and welcome
    Take care
    Toni x


    HI TONI
    THANKS FOR YOUR MESSAGE.
    JUST STARTED USING THIS FORUM.
    STILL WORKING OUT WHAT TO DO.
    QUICK START UP ONLY HAS ONE PAGE AND THIS TELLS YOU HOW TO LOG ON. THERE MUST BE MORE INFO?
    THANKS AGAIN
    YORKIE

    If you go to the top of this page, you'll see a bar with buttons on; click on the one that says 'About Arhritis' and it'll take you to an area that has lots of information. Love Sue