posture problems

Options
suncatcher
suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
I been told my bad neck head aches and shoulder pains are due to bad posture. I srarted collage before xmas and it was 3 week before i had med assesment there. they said i would have to see an a man at collage who would asses me on posture. i have mentioned 3 time to my collage tutors that ive been havig prolems and pain which are caused by bad posture and i have to see there man i have asked 3 time now they have only just made an appoint ment with him i will see him next week i hope but the collage say they can supply a chair if i need one but the splints which protect against repetative strain disoder they are not responsible they say my gp is or hospital the hospital says the collage is and my job advicer at the job centre says collage is who is reponsible for the splints ? collage gp hospital or me who does give them me please have you any idea because i must have them as they are on my medical notes to the collage from joanne price
Joanne

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,495
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Dear Joanne,

Thank you for your enquiry to Arthritis Care. This situation sounds pretty confusing and frustrating for you. If you'd like a chat about the situation, you would always be welcome to ring us here at helplines on our freephone.

Generally you can get splints from several different professionals, but most often people mention getting them from physiotherapists and occupational therapists. If you are in a real hurry to get them and get on with your course, plenty of people buy them themselves (whoever assessed you I'm sure could recommend where they can be bought). If you'd like to talk to an occupational therapist on the phone try the DLf (Disabled Living Foundation tel. 0845 130 9177).

How old are you? and is there a more precise diagnosis than posture? If you'd like some more information on managing arthritis if you email us (helplines@arthritiscare.org.uk) with your name, address, and description of the problem we can post you more information.

Hope we can help further
    Guy
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    the collage have finally got me seen by an ego and he has found a chair that will do for me now but he says i need one ordered in and he has adjusted the station the hight of the moitor and is adjusting the foot rest which the collage has to suit me and it looking into a wrist rest to go in front of the key board but i will look into the splints myself, im 38 and have ra and the pain is in all my back and because the adaptations had not been in place i was hunched over and now he has seen me i am feeling better and my gp has given me stronger pain killers so i am a lot better if you have any info i would be grateful , from joanne price
    Joanne