Are there any farm workers here please?

skezier
skezier Member Posts: 11,333
Hi, I just wondered if anyone has any surgestions re bending for shearing? I found it so hard last year and if anyone has any tips :?: I should be only too happy to have some.
I do have a lot of OA especially in the spine and the lumber is partly fused, it's doing quite a good job in that respect but shearing was never easy even before the OA got bad!! I don't half wish they were fitted with zip's! If anyone could think of a way I'd be some greatful. Thanks, take care

Comments

• michelle22
    michelle22 Member Posts: 93
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    This may sound silly but can't you use a perch stool to shear the sheep as you are sitting down to do the job I am no farmer but it may work

Michelle
  • skezier
    Michelle[/quote]
    Michelle that may be a good idea, I did them on my knees last year and thankfully they are everso complient being raised somewhat as dogs! They did tut a bit and they looked really silly for a min or two,it did take me days to do all of them (knowing they were so hot and what that can do as they are also old I did a bit to each a day!) I was asking them today if they'd stand on a table, it couldn't be too high as one is my weight and the others aren't too far behind her and they have to jump on it as lifting them would panic them and hurt me. Zips thats the way foreward! I know I got more pain this year but I don't have to do it for 2 more months so there is still time to work on an easier way. The stool would certinly make doing their feet easier, so thanks for the idea and it may be good to use for the shearing. Take care
  • skezier
    [quote="scottishlass"
    Hi Scotishlass,
    It would have to be zip's as buttons they'd eat and velcro or poppers and they'd be taking em off all over the place! I refuse to pick sheeps cardies up and tumble dry them........ They did modle a wonderful line in sheeps new age fashion last year, starting with off the shoulder numbers down to over grown poodles with Zulu legs....... I doubt it will catch on. This year, stool or not, they will be going for the punk look! You take care and stay warm, Cris :P

Hey Michelle, the stool really did help with their feet, didn't quite get the hang of it though........ The sheep ended up sat on the stool and I clipped her foot without the usual kicky feet syndrome! That gives more PT than my shoulder could ever need............ :P