Some advice please

Options
michelle22
michelle22 Member Posts: 93
I am in the process at the moment trying to get back to some normalcy so trying to get back to work I have had an assessment to tell the NHS what I can and can't do I am a nurse and have to go to a desk job. Now the thing is is that I have to now look for another job I don't think this is right I am employed by them. The case is is that I have to apply for a job as I am being redeployed. The way I see it they shoud find me the job or am I wrong I don't even know if this post is sounding right I am soor if it isn't I am just lost I do have my union rep and he says that is right but I thought that with the dda they couldn't do this to me also if I don't find a job within 12 weeks they will pay me off. Thank you for you help I work in the NHS Scotland

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,497
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    michelle22 wrote:
    I am in the process at the moment trying to get back to some normalcy so trying to get back to work I have had an assessment to tell the NHS what I can and can't do I am a nurse and have to go to a desk job. Now the thing is is that I have to now look for another job I don't think this is right I am employed by them. The case is is that I have to apply for a job as I am being redeployed. The way I see it they shoud find me the job or am I wrong I don't even know if this post is sounding right I am soor if it isn't I am just lost I do have my union rep and he says that is right but I thought that with the dda they couldn't do this to me also if I don't find a job within 12 weeks they will pay me off. Thank you for you help I work in the NHS Scotland

Dear Michelle

It sounds as if this is being a difficult and worrying time for you and it is important to explore exactly what your rights are in this situation.

If you contact your local jobcentre and speak to a disability employment adviser they should be able to advise you about this issue. Another important source of support is the Equality and Human Rights Commission. Their helpline number in Scotland is 0845 604 5520 and they should be able to give you advice on your rights in employment. An additional source of information is the Disability Law Service who may also be able to give you advice about your employment rights. Their number is Tel: 020 7791 9800 and they have a website on www.dls.org.uk. I hope that this helps you to find a resolution.

Best Wishes
    Dawn
  • michelle22
    Options
    Thank You Dawn I will be on the phone tomorrow and try to find out where I stand on this as I really don't want to stop working and it is much easier having a job to find another if you have a job I don't want to lose it I want to stay with the NHS as I think once Arthritis is sorted I will be able to go back to ward nursing

You are all doing a wonderful job Thank You I think we would all be lost if it hadn't be for you all.
  • michelle22
    Options
    Ok I have phoned the job center and they wouldn't help me as I am employed grrrrrrrr the first phone number was a no go as it was a fax number lol. I am in the process of the last number that you gave me I am waiting for them to get back to me so here's hoping that they will help.

Michelle
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,497
    Options
    Hi Michelle
    I'm surprised the Job Centre couldn't help you. Were you able to speak to a Disability Employment Advisor?
    The helpline number for the Scottish Equality & Human Rights Commission is 0845 604 5510 - sorry about that.
    Have you checked the terms of your contract? You might find the following link helpful on this
    http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/index.htm
    I hope the DLS gets back to you with some advice and this gets sorted out soon.
    Best wishes
    Val
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm in England, so the rules may be different, but the Employment Advisor I talked to on the phone offered to come to a meeting with my manager, if I wanted her to! I am a Care Assistant and I have oa in my neck and spine, so going back to my old job is not going to happen, I'm told by my GP. HR told me that if I'm redeployed, I will have to apply for a job, but I'm not quite sure of the rules yet. I work for the DSS.

Hope you get sorted soon. Sue
  • michelle22
    Options
    I received a phone call from the disability Law service today and they were really helpful even though I am in Scotland and there laws were different to ours he has put my mind at rest in the fact that the work has to do a reasonable amount of work to get me another job they also have to do much more as they are so big so here I am hoping that I will get a job at the end of it.

Thank you for your help Dawn

Michelle
  • michelle22
    Options
    Good luck with it Michelle,realy wishing you the best...just a wee word of warning tho,As far as i know yes,the work do need to help find you a new job But ,it doesnt necessarily need to be in the same hospital that you are presently employed in,
    does your hospital have a "Redeployment list"??
    ours does...although to be honest,im not even sure what that is.,im dreading ever having to go down that line...just another thought..Why does it have a 12 week time limit?

Hi hun They only have a choice of two Hospitals and either of them are fine with me as we are getting a new one built we do have a redeployment list. The 12 weeks is a farce really it is to keep there sickness levels down they use to keep people on the redeployment list for years but that showed on the statistics that they had a high sickness level so this keeps it down not much fun from this end.