Tired I could fall asleep at my desk

Options
travelgirl
travelgirl Member Posts: 10
Hi
I have reactive Arthritis diagnosed Dec 08 started mTX jan 5th 09
I'm so tired I could fall asleep on my mouse mat. I am on 15mg MTX a week with 5mg folic acid 6 times on a new lower dose of prednisalone 7.25 1 daily and the GP is trying to wean me off Diclofenic reduced from 50mgs to 25mgs 3 times a day. I had a call from the gp to say my bloods showed my liver wasn't doing so well but apart from tired, hurting and a new one itching I'm ok. :?

Any ideas why I'm this tired ask away if i haven't given enough info.

By the way I have also lost 90% of my hair to either bald patches or breaking off. so I had the rest taken off. I feel more in control of that now

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,494
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    travelgirl wrote:
    Hi
    I have reactive Arthritis diagnosed Dec 08 started mTX jan 5th 09
    I'm so tired I could fall asleep on my mouse mat. I am on 15mg MTX a week with 5mg folic acid 6 times on a new lower dose of prednisalone 7.25 1 daily and the GP is trying to wean me off Diclofenic reduced from 50mgs to 25mgs 3 times a day. I had a call from the gp to say my bloods showed my liver wasn't doing so well but apart from tired, hurting and a new one itching I'm ok. :?

Any ideas why I'm this tired ask away if i haven't given enough info.

By the way I have also lost 90% of my hair to either bald patches or breaking off. so I had the rest taken off. I feel more in control of that now

When the joint inflammation is active it can make you feel tired and generally unwell but it is important to speak to your rheumatologist about the way you are feeling as there can be many different reasons for feeling so tired. You have also mentioned itching and, as this is new, you should also talk to your rheumatologist about this. It sounds as if you already know that the hair loss can be a side effect of taking methotrexate and the link http://www.arc.org.uk/arthinfo/patpubs/6247/6247.asp will give you information including any potential side effects about this medication. In dealing with the tiredness rest and early nights can play an important role in recovery during the early stages of reactive arthritis but it is also important to keep your joints moving and try to maintain muscle strength. For the majority of people reactive arthritis disappears completely within 6 months and during this time often fluctuates with better and worse days. If you follow the link http://www.arc.org.uk/arthinfo/patpubs/6034/6034.asp this will take you directly to information on reactive arthritis. I hope that this has been helpful.

Best Wishes
    Dawn