Swollen joints

Options
woodbon
woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
edited 22. Feb 2009, 10:05 in Living with Arthritis archive
I've been feeling very down lately and worried about a neuro appointment, but today I have noticed that my wrists and elbows and ankles are red and swollen and very sore to the touch. I have had painful feet for a about 2 months but not too bad. I think, that my OA is showing signs of becomming inflammatory. My GP has tested me at times for this. My last test was at the rhemmys in October, and it was negative. The patches are red and swollen and feel like very sore bruising. It hurts to move my fingers. Am I being a stupid? My ghosting double vision seems to have been put right by my optitian. I can see fantastically well with my new glasses and love them and my eyes feel more rested and less sore and itchy!!! £350 but worth every penny so far!! :D Love Sue

Comments

• eckstardeluxe
    eckstardeluxe Member Posts: 1,192
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    No you are not being silly. You know your body better than anyone and my best advice is to listen to it. I didn't for so long. Having been so ill as a child and in and out of Hospital I think I was so used to pain anyway I never went to the Dr. When I did I found out my OA was too advanced for surgery. If you feel your symptoms are worsening then speak to your GP, if they don't take you seriously ask for a second opinion. I knew something was wrong after having my son, when I first went to the DR, it was like he didn't believe me. It seems because my kidney and spinal problems were so severe over 20 years ago, the GP didn't really go back far enough in my notes to see my history. The minute I mentioned I'd had Osteomyelitis I was sent to xray, the GP called me an hour later to go straight up to the surgery and pick up a letter and take it to A&E. My MRI scan the next day confirmed more than my worst fears but at least now they are very good with me. My Dr is so good it's like he is making up for what he missed first time around. Good luck
  • colinone
    colinone Member Posts: 1,039
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Sue, no its not silly and its no wonder your feeling down, its so hard to cope with 24/7 pain and the worry of your pending appointment wont help. The whole thing gets to you at times and plays on your mind and it becomes hard to manage. I do hope your feeling better soon keep your chin up and take care.
    Colin