achilles tendonitis

Options
gemz09
gemz09 Member Posts: 7
edited 11. Mar 2009, 16:54 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi im new to this site. I have had achilles tendonitis in both heels for 2 years now
my dr gave me diclofenac sodium to take three times a day, but after so long they stopped working. so now i have co codamal for the pain.
I also have arthritis in my right knee. I have been referred to the hospital for more investigation for my heels and they have told me that i will be seeing someone in the rhuematology department.
for the past few weeks my symptoms have become worse, both my knees hurt as well as my heels and im feeling exhausted and tired.
My whole body seems to be aching especially at night.
could this be RA?

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,445
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Gems
    Poor you! :(
    You do seem to be suffering just now :(
    You need to make a good note(s) of your symptoms. Tiredness, fever etc can all be relevant and there is also a blood test which may show RA. It does not show sero-negative though so your own symptoms are really essential for the diagnosis.
    In the meantime keep taking your meds and rest up when you can. I wish you all the best
    Toni x
  • colinone
    colinone Member Posts: 1,039
    Options
    Hi gemz Not much help i'm affraid but i know what its like to have sore feet. Hope things improve for you soon Take care
    Colin
  • mandy_b1967
    mandy_b1967 Bots Posts: 115
    Options
    I have OA in my left wrist and have had back pain for over three years which is now being investigated by a rheumy. I also mentioned the pain I have in my achillies tendon in my lwft ankle as well as the pain in my right ankle, and both knees. I dont have an answer for you about the achillies tendon as yet as I have had xrays and blood tests and have to wait until march for the results. It much be very painful in both achillies?
    Mandy
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Gem
    I really sympathise with you because I had awful pain in my feet for about two years . It was as though I was walking with pebbles in my shoes. They thought it was plantar fasciitis ( inflamation of the tendons in the feet) and tried various insoles in my shoes which only seemed to make it worse. Then someone told me about Hotter shoes and how good they are. I bought a pair of lace-ups in red, which cheered me up anyway, and to my amazement, the pain started to fade in no time. Now I don't wear any other make and the pain has not returned. They make shoes for men and women and my husband also finds them very comfortable. They are in some shops or mail order. By the way, I have no connection with the firm, incase you were wondering :lol:
    As I have arthritis in my knees, I think it is very important to wear good quality shoes, and my high-heel days are long gone.
    Joan :)
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Hi Gemz and welcome to the forum.

Your bloods will tell you if you have RA but the only thing that would make me query it is that, although you have pains in your heels and feet, you say you only have pain in one knee - RA is usually symmetrical - I think it's unusal for it only to be in one of your knees normally it would be in both.

The pain can be grim but life does go on on beyond arthritis our approach to life has to be different from other folk. :wink:

Hope you feel better soon.

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • gemz09
    Options
    Hi all. Thankyou for replying to my message. you have all been very helpful.
    I have an appointment at the rheuamatology dept in march so i will know a bit more then. :)
  • gemz09
    Options
    Hi I have recently been back to the rheumatology clinic and she told me my blood is ok. She said that i will have to have steroid injections in my tendons and a orthapedic surgeon will be doing it.
    She sent me for a back x-ray and now im waiting for the results and another appointment
    now i have pains in both my heels and both knees and finding it difficult to do most things.
    When i wake up in the morning i feel like i have not rested (tired all the time)

I hope that when i have these injections that it will cure my achilles problem.