inflammation levels are 19????

Options
tamnwill
tamnwill Member Posts: 93
edited 24. Feb 2009, 17:54 in Living with Arthritis archive
Does anyone know what this means please? I had a blood test last week and they showed a 19 on the inflammation but a month before they were 29? Obviously they have gone down since starting sulfasalazine but is 0 normal? Thanks
Energy is eternal delight.
William Blake (1757-1827)

Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
Mark Twain

Comments

• bubbsie
    bubbsie Member Posts: 37
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    HI tamnwill,

Thats good news your CRP ( C- Reactive Protein) is comming down and looks like the sulpha is working for you , Mine was 26 the last blood test which is very good for me as it was 70 . I think normal range is 5 in a healthy person . Do a search on CRP theres loads of information on the net

Take Care

Bubbsie
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Hi Tamnwill,

Glad you've been answered because I couldn't tell you what your levels mean but it does sound positive.

I was wondering where you'd gone and how you were doing after you did all the estrogen research and were clearing your cupboards of toxins - is the drop in your CRP levels down to your drugs or your changed diet/lifestyle - do you know and has it been worth the drastic changes you've made :?: :?

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • tamnwill
    Options
    Thanks for your replies, just found out it's come down from 133 in January!!!!! Blimey that's high, no wonder I felt so rough!

Mark Twain
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    Ordinary people would be 0 to 5 for ESR or CRP. If you have RA or similar then this will be slightly raised. Up to 20 could still be OK, any higher then contact your doc/rheumy. p040.gif Next visit, ask.

Mine is usually between 10 and 20 for both. But, ESR goes to 50+ if I have a cold or an RA flareup. n040.gif

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • tamnwill
    Options
    Ordinary people would be 0 to 5 for ESR or CRP. If you have RA or similar then this will be slightly raised. Up to 20 could still be OK, any higher then contact your doc/rheumy. p040.gif Next visit, ask.

Mine is usually between 10 and 20 for both. But, ESR goes to 50+ if I have a cold or an RA flareup. n040.gif

Joseph 8)
    Hi Joseph, thanks for your reply, it was the CPR result, but have just found out it has come down from 133, so things may be getting better fingers crossed. x

Mark Twain
  • tamnwill
    Options
    lindalegs wrote:
    Hi Tamnwill,

Glad you've been answered because I couldn't tell you what your levels mean but it does sound positive.

I was wondering where you'd gone and how you were doing after you did all the estrogen research and were clearing your cupboards of toxins - is the drop in your CRP levels down to your drugs or your changed diet/lifestyle - do you know and has it been worth the drastic changes you've made :?: :?

Luv Legs :D
    Thanks for your reply, I have cut down on red meat, and upped my supplements, have organic where possible, especially milk and meat. Use very little on the body cream stuff and that's natural now. My CRP had gone from 133 in January to 19 last week, but as with all things this could be due to drugs/diet change/ calm in the flare up etc.........it's so difficult to put your finger on it all isn't it! I am more aware of pollutants now though, so that's good :o) hope your feeling better? xx

Mark Twain