Confused and upset

Options
purvesrosie
purvesrosie Member Posts: 59
edited 27. Feb 2009, 13:07 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all,
I was summoned by the doctor today as my hb levels are still dropping they are now 8.4. she wants to give me a blood transfusion as im experiancing chest pain and shortness of breath. I was supposed to be going away this weekend to see kaiser chiefs. My hubby got tickets for xmas for us, we were having whole weekend away alone, child free. Now we can't go, doc tor says i must rest completly as anything could put a strain on my heart. I'm gutted and feel very guilty about not being well enough after all the money that hubby spent on them and the trouble he's gone too to make it perfect. I feel like a failure. I'm only 23 and to be told that having a weekend away could be to much for my heart is a bit worrying.
Thanks for listening, Hope Athur is being nice to you all today.
PS on a lighter note my 5yr old told me this morning that the doctor should smack arthur's bum because he shouldn't keep being nasty to his mummy, That did make me smile x

Rosie x

Comments

• vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Rosie

Sorry you're having such a rotten time. Do you know when you will be having the transfusion? hope it's soon and then you can start getting better.

Missing the Kaiser Chiefs too is a double whammy but it's best to look after yourself. Sure your hubby will feel the same way and hopefully you'll get to see them sometime. Is there anychance of getting your money back or selling them on.

Children say some wonderful things, glad you managed a smile, made me smile too :):) Try and keep thinking about that and keep your chin up.

Love
    Vonski x
  • eckstardeluxe
    eckstardeluxe Member Posts: 1,192
    Options
    Hi Rosie, I'm sorry this has happened, how come these things always happen at the worst times? You're not a failure at all you can't help it. But saying that, I have been guilty of saying stuff like that to my hubby. I asked if he ever thought he'd ended up with a faulty product. He just said to stop being so stupid. I know how it feels though, it isn' nice. Hopefully you can maybe sell the tickets in your local paper and go again. The good thing about the Kaiser Chiefs is they are always touring. Best of luck xxxx Alex
  • debsmartin
    debsmartin Member Posts: 209
    Options
    Hi Rosie

Sorry to hear you're having such a rough time, what rotten timing Arthur has, it always seems to know when you have something nice planned. Don't feel a failure you already have enough cope with without giving arthur the satisfaction of bringing you down as well. I know its hard to keep postive sometimes but hopefully after your transfusion things will be alot better.

Take care

debs
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hello Rosie
    I'm sorry to hear that you are having such problems at the moment. The Kaiser Chiefs and a weekend away would have been lovely for you and your husband, so I can understand how disappointed you must feel.I hope you can sell the tickets and at least then you would have the money for another occasion.

It is strange how illness can make us feel guilty, even when we know that it isn't our fault. I've just spent the last couple of months apologising to my husband because he has had to do all the housework etc. following my op on my knee. Silly, isn't it ? I knew he didn't mind but I still felt guilty!

You are young to have such cares on your shoulders, and I do hope all will go well for you. Your son sounds super, with a great sense of humour :lol:
    All the best
    Joan :)
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    What a damn shame :( I would be sooooooooo angry :x in fact I'm angry for you :x :x

I think your son is being much to kind and we should all club together, buy a gigantic hammer and squash arthur flat :shock: Bout time he had some of his own medicene :roll:

a037.gif

Hope you get your tranfusion very soon and maybe it's a good job you found out before you went - would have been more of a disaster if you'd been taken ill whilst you were away :wink:

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • purvesrosie
    Options
    The GP has put it down to RA. she tested my iron and b12 and others, which are fine. she wants to speak to my rheumy then go ahead beg of nxt week. i dont really know much about it
  • colinone
    colinone Member Posts: 1,039
    Options
    Hi all,
    I was summoned by the doctor today as my hb levels are still dropping they are now 8.4. she wants to give me a blood transfusion as im experiancing chest pain and shortness of breath. I was supposed to be going away this weekend to see kaiser chiefs. My hubby got tickets for xmas for us, we were having whole weekend away alone, child free. Now we can't go, doc tor says i must rest completly as anything could put a strain on my heart. I'm gutted and feel very guilty about not being well enough after all the money that hubby spent on them and the trouble he's gone too to make it perfect. I feel like a failure. I'm only 23 and to be told that having a weekend away could be to much for my heart is a bit worrying.
    Thanks for listening, Hope Athur is being nice to you all today.
    PS on a lighter note my 5yr old told me this morning that the doctor should smack arthur's bum because he shouldn't keep being nasty to his mummy, That did make me smile x

Rosie x

Hi Rosie, Poor you i feel so sorry for you i hardly know what to say.
    your not a failure at all its not your fault your sick and i'm sure hubby will understand. At least you where able to find out prior to going and thats a blessing, you could have been boping up and down to Ruby and that would not have done you any good at all.
    a fantastic band but your health comes first my girl you have to take care of yourself and get better. and hey Rosie the kaisers are going to be around for a long time. Take care and keep your chin up i know it must be a worry to you. hope your feeling better soon.
    Colin
  • purvesrosie
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I'm going to have a weekend in bed being pampered by hubby, he's been fab about the whole thing, We are still getting the kids looked after for one night so we can have takeaway and dvd night. I love him so much he's a star. Thanks for your advice scottish lass, my gp never metioned anything about stomach ulcers etc. I have always taken omeprazole to protect my stomach maybe she doesnt consider this to be the problem. It is still a bit concerning not to have a definate cause is it the easy option to just put down to RA I wonder, We'll see. I guess if it is an ulcer or some other cause a blood transfusion won't fix it and my levels will drop again. am I right?

Thanks again all of you it's good to know there's always people who understand xxx
  • ramummy
    ramummy Member Posts: 100
    Options
    Aw Rosie - sorry to hear you're having such a tough time. My husband and I are having a child free weekend too (ours are 3yrs and 6 months) and we're looking forward to it so much - time to yourself is so precious isn't it?!

Here's a big (((HUG))), enjoy your pampering and I hope the transfusion goes OK.

Ju x
  • airwave
    airwave Member Posts: 579
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I'm going to have a weekend in bed being pampered by hubby, he's been fab about the whole thing, We are still getting the kids looked after for one night so we can have takeaway and dvd night. I love him so much he's a star. Thanks for your advice scottish lass, my gp never metioned anything about stomach ulcers etc. I have always taken omeprazole to protect my stomach maybe she doesnt consider this to be the problem. It is still a bit concerning not to have a definate cause is it the easy option to just put down to RA I wonder, We'll see. I guess if it is an ulcer or some other cause a blood transfusion won't fix it and my levels will drop again. am I right?

Thanks again all of you it's good to know there's always people who understand xxx
    Hi Rosie,
    Do let us know, what the outcome is, theres quite a few of us on Omeprazole these days. I tend to find the reflux starts again about next day or so after the last one.

I too will be childless this w/e, they are 28 and 25 and have rings on their fingers, we used to think that once they'd gone, we would swing from the chandeliers etc etc, but we miss the noises they made and just having cups of tea together. I wonder when they will move that mess in the garage?

Keep smiling.

8) Its a grin, honest!
  • greyheron
    greyheron Member Posts: 167
    Options

Only just caught up with this thread, just wanted to send you an 'electronic hug' and hope that things start going better for you soon arthur-wise.

Wendy