Update on Docs apointment for lumps in head!

Options
weetabix
weetabix Member Posts: 43
edited 9. Jun 2010, 09:41 in Living with Arthritis archive
well the app was today.
But my husband had no car to take him to work if i kept it at the same time of 5 oclock, so he rung up this morn and arranged to have me go at ten to ten this am. got to the surgery. they didn't know what we were talking about.. no app had been resevered for that time for me.. I was there when my husband rung them.!!
they said we can fit you in tomorrow.. so i thought great thats fine then.
7 40 am!!!

we told the reception that there is no way i can make it for that time. so she said ring up tomorrow at 8.15 agian!!
and you might get seen tomorrow. (MIGHT)

I was told over two weeks ago that i must see the doctor as simce decmeber my blood pressure has been high and need to see the doc to sort it out before it escalated.that app as i say was today but chnged by hubby this am..
so no app today they said they had no record of the phone in!!

I was seething by this time.
I have a bad chest infection that i cannot shift. and they wanted me an arthritic person who hardly sleeps at night becasue of pain to get up and be at the surgery for 7 40 am.
when my husband pointed out my problem all she could say was well thats not my fault.

all i am asking for is to see the doctor about my blood pressure before it gets worse. all she could say its not my fault.(the receptionist)

so she says that i now have to either ie make the 5 oclock app or ring again tomorrow..
i am def going to change my doctors after this. i am fed up with those receptioinist's
i could not make my 5oclock and we never intended to as we told her two weeks ago thats why we rung in the morning like i have been ringing every morn to see if i could get in before. only to be told that when i did get through that they had all gone. the rest of the time i was in so much pain i gave up .

and they say i can't put in a complaint as it was all my fault!!..

I am so upset i have been stressed all day over this.

does anyone know of a good doctors surgery in Heywood lancs. please.. but not l******d s*.

not naming and shaming just yet knowing my luck they'l sue me..

weetabix

oh sorry forgot anout the lumps in head they have now gone but they have been on my mind all week as well.

Comments

• jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Weetabix, I am afraid I can't help with a doctors surgery as I live in Macclesfield, but I wanted to say that I feel really sorry for the way you were treated, the receptionists at my surgery are dreadful too. My gp, knowing that I am bad on my feet, said that if I need anything to ring for a telephone appt, but they try and fob me with appts with a rubbish gp grrr! hope that you can sort this all out and get seen asap love Jaspercatxx
  • weetabix
    Options
    still no app to see the doc. receptionist said i rang too late.. but by the time i had kept hanging on for a ring tome and not an engaged tone sure they had all gone.. what a stupid system. will try tomorrow and if no joy then I'll kick off big time.

its no joke i am worred sick about the fact that my blood pressure has been high since December. but what can i do apart from keep ringing up. there should be somone i can complain to surely.

weetabix
  • redpoppy
    redpoppy Member Posts: 108
    Options
    weetabix wrote:
    still no app to see the doc. receptionist said i rang too late.. but by the time i had kept hanging on for a ring tome and not an engaged tone sure they had all gone.. what a stupid system. will try tomorrow and if no joy then I'll kick off big time.

its no joke i am worred sick about the fact that my blood pressure has been high since December. but what can i do apart from keep ringing up. there should be somone i can complain to surely.
    hi weetabix,i used to have the same problem at my gps surgery,but i must say it has improved a lot over the last year.if i rang in an afternoon they would say sorry ring in the morning,i would start ringing from 8am when i got through all the appointments had gone. :x i felt like banging my head against a brick wall.i know most receptionists do a good job but there is one or two who think they are god.ive experianced them.anyway i hope you get sorted soon and get an appiontment,all this stress wont be helping your blood pressure.
  • colinone
    colinone Member Posts: 1,039
    Options
    Hi weetabix
    If i where you i would phone the doctor out, just tell them you are not well enough to get there. and dont take no for an answer.
    Colin
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    you could try contacting the practice manager - when I did this (about something else) I got a phone call very quickly explaining things from their point of view and we compromised on what needed to be done ........ so may be worth a try.
  • mash65
    mash65 Bots Posts: 834
    Options
    hi, iv had the same problem with gps & the receptionist.
    i have now go internet appointment system,as im the same too stiff in the mornings to get to early appointments.(unless i go in my pjs) :lol:
    so i check online,bypasses the receptionists that dont listen.iv only once not been able to get an appointment the same day online. i can usually get afternoon appointment this way.( still have to get up early to check)
    i can also order repeat prescriptions this way & get them delivered to the chemist for collection. ask at the surgery if they do this its made my life so much easier & saves on the phone bill.(being left on hold ) hope thats a help. debsx
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hello weetabix
    Sorry to hear about your problems getting an appointment. I had the same sort of difficulty recently. Every time I rang, it was engaged and then by the time I did get through, they said all the appointments for that day had gone!I was so fed up that I got up early and went to the surgery, thinking I could get round it by going in person. Then I was told that you can only make an appointment by phone :!:
    In the end, I had to say that it was urgent, even though it wasn't really. Then I had to speak to the triage nurse who decides whether you need to see a doctor or a nurse. Talk about making things difficult :roll:
    If you have high blood pressure and a chest infection, I would say that classes as urgent. If you use that word, they can't ignore you, and will usually fit you in. They don't want to be sued for negligence if you collapsed and they had refused to see you.

Hope you soon feel better
    Joan :)
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • weetabix
    Options
    Update again. I did what some of you said and told them it was urgent. i got an app the same day and i didnt have to ring all morning for it..

anyway doc gave me Ramipril for blood pressure. but he didnt even take my blood pressure though. I though that was very strange.he just looked on the computer that i had had high blood pressure since december last. and then got his pad out.. so i started to complain about the lumps in my head. he never even looked, granted they had gone down byt then. but all he could say was it must be something to do with your arthritis!!

he asked me if i was seeing anyone about it.(do they not read our notes) i been going to the Rhumey for over 30 years.they reccomended me to see him.

told him i was getting a lot cramp in the arches of my feet. same thing it must be something to do with your arthritis. i was so gobsmacked I walked out.

woke up today lumps are back. its like someone has hit me on the head several times in seveal places and they are sore.. thing is i don,t see the rhumey for ages. what if they are something serious.

if they are still there when i wake up tomorow i am going to ring for another app i want another opinion. they really are worrying me.

oh and can anyone tell me if you are not allowed to have a drink on ramipril tabs..
    sorry for the rant..

Weetabix
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,446
    Options
    bumped up for Carola
  • carola
    carola Member Posts: 786
    Options
    Many thanks for bumping up about the bumps! :lol:
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,446
    Options
    carola wrote:
    Many thanks for bumping up about the bumps! :lol:

At least you know you are not alone eh? :)

You could send weetabix a PM?

LOve

Toni xx