rheumy appointment

Options
madwestie
madwestie Member Posts: 383
edited 24. Feb 2009, 11:40 in Living with Arthritis archive
I had my rheumy appointment today and saw a different practioner not my usual one. Well after the what tablets do you take question (as i have been taking the same ones for ages this surprised me) She looked at my xrays and said oh good they look fine is you hip and knee still playing you up i said yes they are worse and she said oh well the xray's don't show up inflamation.. I then got a 5 minute lecture on my weight :x and then got told that all i need to do is eat less calories than i use up as she understood that exercise was difficult :x :x she then took my blood pressure with a cuff that was too small and said that's up a bit. i said it was fine at the doctors a couple of weeks ago and she said well it could be that the cuff was the wrong size... (why not us the right size). She then looked at my blood tests and said your esr is up (almost to the level it was before i started to take the mtx) not surprising my hip is killing me.. She then suggested that i try mtx injections instead of the tablets i know some people on here have the injections how are you getting on with them. I have got to wait for an appointment to see the nurse to have my lesson. sorry for the long rant i hope i get to see my normal lady next time.

Comments

• jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Madwestie, I changed to MXT injections just over a year ago, I have found them more effective than tablets, and have not had any nausea or tiredness with them, for me it was a positive move, hope you get on ok with them too love Jaspercatxx
  • madwestie
    madwestie Member Posts: 383
    Options
    Ladies thank you for your replies. i am not exactly looking forward to the injections but hopefully they will improve the Ra which will be worth it.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,445
    Options
    Hmmph! Another sizest DR :x :!:
    Seriously though good luck with the change of meds I do hope it helps
    Take care
    Toni x