knee flare up

Options
dobinson
dobinson Member Posts: 17
edited 23. Feb 2009, 16:54 in Living with Arthritis archive
hello im having a knee flare up since sitting on the coach last weekend its seized up again does anyone else have this problem.

not to bad whilst pottering around but after sitting down and trying to put weight on left leg its absolutly agony, till i get going.

I am going for another exray soon so well see

thankyou for listening to my moan anne

Comments

• jackie1955
    jackie1955 Member Posts: 632
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Anne,
    I've been suffering with my left knee really bad. I was getting quite worried as I found that I could barely manage to get up after sitting down. I had to sort of swing my upper body forward to give me the momentum to get my rear up and off the seat! I was scared this was permanent and before long I wouldn't be able to stand up..... and I haven't even started on meds yet :(

Then the other day I realised I was getting up a bit better again, so I am just presuming that the arthur was concentrating somewhere else that day, and some days certain joints will be more affected than others.

Take care, Jackie x
  • dobinson
    dobinson Member Posts: 17
    Options
    jackie1955 wrote:
    Hi Anne,
    I've been suffering with my left knee really bad. I was getting quite worried as I found that I could barely manage to get up after sitting down. I had to sort of swing my upper body forward to give me the momentum to get my rear up and off the seat! I was scared this was permanent and before long I wouldn't be able to stand up..... and I haven't even started on meds yet :(

Then the other day I realised I was getting up a bit better again, so I am just presuming that the arthur was concentrating somewhere else that day, and some days certain joints will be more affected than others.

Take care, Jackie x

hi Jackie
    Mine has flared up since i went on a coach trip last weekend, im not to bad when pottering around its when i sit on my recliner especially then get up I could hard;y walk never mind upstairs. What meds do you ussually take . Ive just taken some ibrofen.:ast time i had exray they said it was wear and tear so well see what happens this time

take care

anne
  • jackie1955
    jackie1955 Member Posts: 632
    Options
    Hi Anne,
    I've been taking Diclofenac (an anti-inflammatory) since Oct'08 for a bad back.

Only saw my gp after Xmas about all the other symptons I was having, so have only just seen a rheumatologist. Got to go back in March and then I assume he will prescribe me something.

In the meantime, I have started to take paracetomol to help ease the pain.

Jackie x