hip replacement

Options
amanda000
amanda000 Member Posts: 12
edited 28. Feb 2009, 18:06 in Living with Arthritis archive
can anyone tell me about a hip replacement how long your in hospital how mobile you are afterwards and will i lose my D L A and do you have to be regimented with co-codamol thankyou :?

Comments

• plmb48
    plmb48 Member Posts: 125
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    amanda000 wrote:
    can anyone tell me about a hip replacement how long your in hospital how mobile you are afterwards and will i lose my D L A and do you have to be regimented with co-codamol thankyou :?

hi amanda000 you are likley to be in hospital about 4/7 days you will walk on it the second day cant see you losing your DLA taking pain killers is regimented you shouldnt let the drug out of your system while you recover from your OP please remember we are all diffrent and all get over these things in our own way.i am sure you will be ok .pauline :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • noeltone
    noeltone Member Posts: 878
    Options
    plmb48 wrote:
    amanda000 wrote:

hi amanda000 when I had mine doen i wa sin about the same time as already been mentioned and some were more mobile quicker than others and you must not overdue things after the op and after physio etc
  • alicea
    alicea Member Posts: 111
    Options
    amanda000 wrote:
    can anyone tell me about a hip replacement how long your in hospital how mobile you are afterwards and will i lose my D L A and do you have to be regimented with co-codamol thankyou :?[/quote

Hi I am a new comer to the site but i can help with the hip replacement , I had mine replaced a couple of years ago and it was the best thing i could have had done , the pain was driving me mad i was in pain all day and night it was making my life unbearable. Anyway you are in hospital about 5 days they have to make sure you can get around before you can go home. As for the medication they make sure you are pain free while you are in hospital and your doctor will sort you out when you go home. People make it sound like you are up and around after a couple of weeks but it takes a while to get mobile. I can say you will love being painfree its great
    and makes it all worth while all the best Alicea
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    HI
    I have just been discharged from hospital today after having my THR on Monday. I was advised a stay of 5-7 days, mine was 6 so not bad. I was up briefly the day after the op, and the physios increased mobility each day, at my pace. I have regular pain relief, paracetamol, diclofenac, MST, and amitriptyline. I am regimented with it and you need it!! PM me if you want to discuss it more.
    NB