Anyone tried knee supports?

Options
joanlawson
joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
edited 24. Feb 2009, 17:58 in Living with Arthritis archive
There are lots of knee supports advertised which claim to help reduce knee pain. Some are expensive and it is a lot to pay if they don't work. I'm currently thinking over whether to have a knee replacement and wonder if anyone has had success with a knee support ? I know they can't cure the arthritis, but wonder if anyone can recommend a support of any kind ?
Joan
c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif

Comments

• tamnwill
    tamnwill Member Posts: 93
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    joanlawson wrote:
    There are lots of knee supports advertised which claim to help reduce knee pain. Some are expensive and it is a lot to pay if they don't work. I'm currently thinking over whether to have a knee replacement and wonder if anyone has had success with a knee support ? I know they can't cure the arthritis, but wonder if anyone can recommend a support of any kind ?
    Joan

I use sports knee and wrist supports, I find the wrist one especially helpful, also at night, but the knee one is good for the day, when limping lots. Any sports shop sells them, the wrist one I use had a metal rod, so's not the bend the wrist and the knee one is quite bulky but has a hole for the knee cap and has various 'wet suit' material in straps and velcro to wrap around. Hope this helps.......it does me :o) xx
    Energy is eternal delight.
    William Blake (1757-1827)

Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
    Mark Twain