DLA

Options
bigmomma
bigmomma Member Posts: 291
edited 8. Mar 2009, 07:04 in Living with Arthritis archive
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!! I've just received my DLA assessment, and from 21/06/09 I shall be on the highest rate of care component, and higher rate mobility, indefinitely. NO MORE PERISHING DEPRESSING FORMS!!!!!!!!!!! I am so relieved, I can't begin to tell you.

My only quibble is, if I am entitled to the full whack in June, why am I not entitled now? After all, if a beam of light came down and made me better overnight, the DWP would stop my monies straight away. Hmmph! :?

AGYG

Comments

• noeltone
    noeltone Member Posts: 878
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi AGYG that is strange did you fill in a claim renewal if so as you say why wait until June or has your award been increased even soo their decison should come into effect or have you returned the forms early and your award was up tilll June you could query it as you say theyd not hesitate to stop it my last one last year was filled in and i got it back saying mine was indefinite after so many form fill ins which made my GP angry as to why not making it indef by my indef award follwoed on from form fill date it is a bit of an aaah feeling to get it indefinite unless they're is a miracle cure mine is HR mobilty and mid care but as you say no more of the dreaded forms to fill in unless we get better and pigs might fly Chrisov
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Options
    Hi, strange about the June thing, but really pleased that your DLA has been awarded, I have just helped my husband with his form, what annoys me is that they award it for 3 years and then take it away and you have to fight to get it back, it will be really hard for Malcolm as they don't seem to like to give it to epileptics, anway well done love Jaspercatxx
  • eckstardeluxe
    eckstardeluxe Member Posts: 1,192
    Options
    Well done, that's great news, it must be a huge weight off your shoulders. I would definitely query when the award should be backdated properly from though. Good for you!
  • colinone
    colinone Member Posts: 1,039
    Options
    Well done but sounds like some sort of mix up to me JUNE i would give them a ring
    Colin
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    good to hear some good news about DLA when so many on here have had such problems.
    Well DOne!!!!!
  • vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    Options
    Hi AGYG

Great news, so glad you've got DLA :):) Odd that you have to wait till June :? I'm with Chrisove query it you might get it sooner or better still back dated :wink:

Hope you are ok.

Love
    Vonski x
  • mash65
    mash65 Bots Posts: 834
    Options
    hiya,& well done. bet thats took a load off ur mind,no more forms or battles. its so good to hear good news for a change.
    debsx
  • mike77
    mike77 Member Posts: 879
    Options
    Hi Big momma

We were so glad to hear that you get it DLA awarded INDefinnetly, hazel gets this too mrm and lrm and she has Epilepsy I just get LRC

the cab expert is taking my case to the commissoner ( hope he lets it go ahead for another appeal.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: so good to hear good news WELL!!!! DONE!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Mike R & Hazel & Mike JR
    Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR
  • bigmomma
    bigmomma Member Posts: 291
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your good wishes.

This was a renewal form, which I returned early - it was not due for renewal until the end of June, but they sent the renewal forms in January, telling me to get them in as soon as possible, or I might lose out. So I took them to the CAB, then to my doctor, for completion. This took about a fortnight or so. Meantime, the DWP sent me a reminder letter, sounding all surprised that I had not sent the forms back yet !!! :shock: :shock: :shock: Not sure what planet they live on in their office. It sure ain't mine.

Now, there is an outside chance that the letter I got telling me the rates that start in June is about some sort of new rate due in then? Anyhow, my next payment is due on Wednesday, so I shall take a look to see if it is still at the old rate, in which case, I shall phone them to find out why this is the case. Franz Kafka, eat your heart out! :? Will let you know how I get on.

AGYG
  • colinb
    colinb Member Posts: 66
    Options
    my wife maggy just got the same this week..indefinate hrm, hrc..and it is a huge relief.
    for others..we were advised not to send back forms right away,,as they send them out 6 months b4 expiry of current award. two reasons were given...firstly, if they downgrade your award they lower your money from that day, regardless. and also apparently the forms go through more stages of checking if sent back earlier, increasing chances of changes being made.
    they dont increase the money till date of new claim, and havent heard of anyone getting this to happen..but well worth a shot.
  • jeannie2
    jeannie2 Member Posts: 135
    Options
    So pleased for you AGYG. It must be a great relief to you.
    Best wishes
    Jeannie S
  • noeltone
    noeltone Member Posts: 878
    Options
    Hi AGYG does it mean the rates have gone up I will check mine i was always told dont hand fill in forms early make them wait as they will cut you there and then the nice people it does not work both ways with them unforunantly anyway well done no more form fills
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    bigmomma wrote:
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!! I've just received my DLA assessment, and from 21/06/09 I shall be on the highest rate of care component, and higher rate mobility, indefinitely. NO MORE PERISHING DEPRESSING FORMS!!!!!!!!!!! I am so relieved, I can't begin to tell you.

My only quibble is, if I am entitled to the full whack in June, why am I not entitled now? After all, if a beam of light came down and made me better overnight, the DWP would stop my monies straight away. Hmmph! :?

AGYG

Great news for you and indefinite as well. d020.gif

June will soon be here, do you really, really, want a new reassessment between now and June? e040.gif

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • jeannie2
    Options
    Hope you don't mind me 'bending' the thread, but where did you get that Sun from, Joseph? It's got me mesmerised!
    Jeannie S
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    At http://www.cosgan.de/smilie.php?wahl=16&ziel=haushalt

Click on 'midis' or whatever at the top, choose from the left hand column for happy, sad, etc., click on the appropriate one on the grid. Then look at the bottom of the page and right click on the highlighted code, copy. Back to your posting and paste the code in. Thats it!

Easier to use if you open them in a separate browser tab.

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • jemima
    jemima Member Posts: 24
    Options
    Hi

I'm new here and was also lucky (is that the right word? :roll: ) enough to be awarded DLA HRM & HRC indefinitely recently for the first time.

It was my first attempt at that complicated form too with all those pages.

If anyone thinks they may be entitled to DLA don't let that huge form put you off claiming - the worst the DWP can say is 'no' (but you can appeal if necessary) and they might just say 'yes' so go for it....
  • alicea
    alicea Member Posts: 111
    Options
    jemima wrote:
    Hi

I'm new here and was also lucky (is that the right word? :roll: ) enough to be awarded DLA HRM & HRC indefinitely recently for the first time.

It was my first attempt at that complicated form too with all those pages.

If anyone thinks they may be entitled to DLA don't let that huge form put you off claiming - the worst the DWP can say is 'no' (but you can appeal if necessary) and they might just say 'yes' so go for it....[/quote

Hi jemima I have just applied for DLA and to be honest i found the form really hard work, I have read a lot about others applying and it seems not many people get it . It would make a lot of difference to my life as i dont get anything in benifits as i was selfemployed and my husbans still is. You sound like you have all the same joint problems as myself but it seems it is how it affects you not what you suffer from.
    I will post my results bye the way how long did you take for it to sort out i put in for it a couple of months ago and they lost the first form so i filled it in again that was about 3 weeks ago not heard anything yet. all the best alicea
  • jemima
    jemima Member Posts: 24
    Options
    Hi alicea

Crumbs, they lost your form? Oh dear!

I found it easier to use the .pdf version of the form which you can fill in using your PC (not the online form) as it means that you can print it off to send and keep a copy on your PC of exactly what you've sent off. It's here for anyone interested. http://www.dwp.gov.uk/advisers/claimforms/dla1a_adult_print.pdf

You're right of course - any number of people could have OA in exactly the same joints but no two people are the same.

My application took 55 days from sending the form off insured mail and receiving my letter from the DWP. In the meantime, I had a home medical which took place about two weeks prior to getting my DWP letter.

Good luck with your application - I'd be interested to hear how you got on.
  • alicea
    alicea Member Posts: 111
    Options
    jemima wrote:
    Hi alicea

Crumbs, they lost your form? Oh dear!

I found it easier to use the .pdf version of the form which you can fill in using your PC (not the online form) as it means that you can print it off to send and keep a copy on your PC of exactly what you've sent off. It's here for anyone interested. http://www.dwp.gov.uk/advisers/claimforms/dla1a_adult_print.pdf

You're right of course - any number of people could have OA in exactly the same joints but no two people are the same.

My application took 55 days from sending the form off insured mail and receiving my letter from the DWP. In the meantime, I had a home medical which took place about two weeks prior to getting my DWP letter.

Good luck with your application - I'd be interested to hear how you got on.

Hi again as you say i should of saved the form, I downloaded it and filled it in sent it off. I have been on a few sites that say if you dont do everything correct they throw it away and don't get in touch anyway they said it never arrived.
    My shoulders are really bad at the moment, I dont know if you find it the same but it seems to move about all the time. I have had a hip replaced and a knee replacement, I hoped it might stop but no such luck. I have had it about 15 years but it got really bad about 8 years ago. My son was killed 9 years ago and i sometimes think it really got going after that. Anyway thanks for the help i will post my results for the DLA. All the best ....Alicea
  • jeannie2
    Options
    Sorry it's late ...Thanks Joseph
    Jeannie S
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi,
    What a nasty, rude man. I can't think of anything more nasty to say let alone write, is this the extent of his medical knowledge?

As for the MRSA, I'd get a legal opinion its sounds. Its hard for a non-medic to be sure of, so I can't really help you. Love Sue