ankle pain

Options
Shell
Shell Member Posts: 45
edited 25. Feb 2009, 14:57 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
I peeps wil have read on my previous posts am not havinga good time these last few months hence the reason i haventbeen replying on here.
To cut a long story short diagnosed Pa and then fibro last oct have really bad pain in hips knees and ankle jonts, had blood tests xrays and body scan and recieved a letter from rhemy saying nothing showed inflammatory arthur. ok ive been taking mtx for 2 years. i have been keeping a diary since xmas as i am due to see my rhemy nxt friday. i have recently been signed of work for a week with really bad pains everywhere and agony in all usual places but just to add more pain also in my spine at the back of my neck and across my shoulders. doc gave me naproxen which did help and settled down the pain. I have bad psoriosis in my thunb and little finger nail until mtx my thumb was a sausage shape and very painful. My ankles are agony to walk on first thing in the morning and when i stand and try to walk from a siting position but i am at a loss as to what could be causing this. If my rhemy is saying i have not got arthur and its fibro why am i in so much pain in my joints all the time, i am so tired all the time and when i go through these bad times as i call them when i really hurt all i want to do is sleep.
Michelle

Comments

• mash65
    mash65 Bots Posts: 834
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    hi, prehaps a visit to ur gp would help.explain what rhymy has told u. it could be osteoarthritis,can get flare ups with that.
    im not having agood time at the moment,right hand is swollen,had to take my rings off for the swelling. there are so many types of arthr it can be so hard to get it diagnosed. o/a doesnt show up in blood tests,my cervical xrays last july didnt show any damage either but the pain is there 24/7.
    i have it in hands,wrists,neck,shoulders,knees & now left hip.
    have u asked for sleeping tabs? there r stronger painkillers but u have to push to get them. its took me over a yr to get some pain relief,but gps says we can only manage the pain not kill it completely. good luck on ur quest,hope u get some answers soon.
    debsx
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Michelle
    You really are having a rough time with so much pain. No wonder you feel so tired. Your body must be using all its energy just dealing with the pain. I also have pain in one ankle and have seen a consultant about it, but he said it wasn't bad enough to do any surgery. I have an ankle support which helps, but some days it is very painful. I take Paracetamol if I need it, having given up Diclofenac because of side-effects.
    With sympathy,
    Joan :)
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • Shell
    Shell Member Posts: 45
    Options
    Hi
    Thanks for your replies. I do take amitrip for help with sleeping and have tramadol for the pain although i cant take the amount my rhemy said as they make me very woozy in the head so can only take 1 in the morning and 1 in the evening. Am just really concerned what he will say next week as i know i am in so much pain and it is effecting my life but worried because nothing is showing up on tests he will not believe me. I know am prob worrying for nothing but all this pain is getting me down again i never seem to be pain free for even a few hours
    michelle
  • colinone
    colinone Member Posts: 1,039
    Options
    hi Shell

Sounds like you having a pretty bad time i would pay another visit to the GP and take your diary along. take care
    Colin