Taken off Methotrexate, what next I wonder

Options
cancan
cancan Member Posts: 43
edited 26. Feb 2009, 05:48 in Living with Arthritis archive
My Rhumy has just sent a letter and told me to stop Metho as my ALT levels have quadrupled nearly. My Gp has also stopped my Cocodamol as they bung me up :oops:
That only leaves me on the Hydrochloroquine.

I can feel more pain already. I now have to wait for my Rhumy to fit in an appointment for me. I wonder what I will be put on next. Any ideas from anyone in a similar position?

Comments

• purvesrosie
    purvesrosie Member Posts: 59
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi
    I was in same boat, after mex i tried leflunomide that did same so the went onto sulpha, I couldn't manage that either so now waiting to be assesed for TNF. There are plenty things to try so don't give up hope. I'm sure we'll find something
    Good luck
    x
  • kayleighb
    kayleighb Member Posts: 12
    Options
    Hey cancan,

Hope you are feeling OK.

I have been taken off methotrexate a couple of times and for the same reason each time. I am now on methotrexate and leflunomide and it hasn't happened since. Probably just a coincidence but that's my experience of it.

I hope you get an appointment soon!!

Kayleigh x
  • cancan
    Options
    I am wondering actually as I am also on 40mg statins and the ALT level seemed to start rising about the same time I started the statins. They can cause liver probs too can't they.
    I have only been off Metho for 1 1/2 weeks and I am stiffening up and lot more knee pain. I went to shops today and stairs were so painful. :cry:
  • colinone
    colinone Member Posts: 1,039
    Options
    Hi cancan
    been off the methotrexate and the enbrel for six weeks now due to continued chest infection. I feel better now than i have done for years in myself but the pain is so bad. Its a bit of a worry where you go next. at the moment i dont care just want the pain sorted.
    I hope you get sorted soon take care colin
    Colin
  • cancan
    Options
    Hi Colin, I hope you get sorted soon too. Let me know how you get on. Are you on any painkillers?