another cucumber sandwich Arther?

airwave
airwave Member Posts: 579
edited 27. Feb 2009, 17:20 in Living with Arthritis archive
Well, there we were sitting there in bed with a morning cuppa and ‘er indoors’ declares that she doesn’t like cucumber, well! Where do I stand after 35 years? The conversation went on over the next few hours and she thinks I’m a faffer! I always thought I was a doer…….

Anyrate this story is all about living with arther, I grunted as I turned over in bed and she asked what that was all about and was it arther, well, I said, it is there all the time, my ankles and most of my joints ache like mad during the night and I had woken early and got up and made a cuppa for us as I couldn’t reach out for sleep anymore, it makes me feel better to make a cuppa and sip it with the early morning news on.

She asked how could I put up with aches and pains all the time, as if I hadn’t mentioned it before or it was something new, its surprising how these moments of thoughtfulness enter our conscious, I said that I just do, put up with it and sometimes it bears down on me causing me to tow my little black cloud around with me, sometimes I just grin, sometimes it gets to me but she doesn’t see me all the time, just at the end of the day when I’m tired.

I carried on explaining that sometimes I don’t feel like doing much and she says I don’t do much because I’m a faffer (!), this tale is now expanding to contain the earlier reference. Can’t quite piece-together the bit about the cucumber but no doubt, for one with such an agile mind, I will! What a thing to mention after 35 years, anyrate, all those cucumbers I’ve sliced and diced for her to crunch on. Ah, that was it, ‘pet hates in life’ I had woken her early (I won’t embarrass her by mentioning her nickname which started by speaking to her before she has had a cup of morning coffee) by bringing the cuppa in too soon. Well, this is a convoluted story, I must apologise to the reader, but just another tale of life with arther.

“er indoors’ enjoyed responding to the “does anybody else live with arther in their lives” that is, the partner of an arther, in the earlier post and was keen to see if there was a reply, sitting on the stairs (the puter is there because I haven’t finished my ‘mans work’ of decorating the study) reading over the posts. Anyrate, I was trying to quantify what pain really is, to ‘er indoors’. I went for my morning swim and then put off the other coat of paint in the study until about 3pm and then went for it, well, after doing all that I fell asleep on the sofa and went to bed all hurting and woke up like it! Hence this tale. I wrote it all down once and sometimes wonder if it is in the mind and how to quantify it all. Well, one day, I went round saying ouch everytime I felt something, I got very dry mouthed very quickly by saying ‘ouch’ a lot, daft aren’t we!

So, if 'big sis' is looking in on these posts, please let our partners have their own pages.

Don’t think this post is going any further, just another tale in the life of arther, must be time for afternoon tea. Would anybody else like a cucumber sandwich?

8) It’s a grin honest!

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hope your enjoyed your cuppa! :D

Go and give "er in doors" a hug. Sounds a pretty typical day that everyone has, every now and again, with or without the lodger.

She is lucky to have her cucumber sliced for her, I never do. hehe!

Elna
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • denpen
    denpen Member Posts: 389
    Hi airwave
    "nice one" I think you spoke for most of us there, we just plod along and don`t complain (whats the point in complaining) but every now and then have a little groan especially during the night trying to turn over. I work in a shop and was working this morning when a customer out of the blue informed me that she had RA in her feet, I just replied "oh dear have you" I didnt enlighten her to the fact that I was in agony in my hips with OA because I had tried to do a little too much while at work. If I am at home and I "groan" my husband asks "whats wrong with you" this being because I dont usually say anything I just get on with it after all as they say and it my belief that " life is too short" .

Take care
    Denise
  • badger
    badger Member Posts: 178
    Airwave. I hope I was not the cause of all this.

I do like cucumber sandwichs but how are you going to send then to me??

If your wife wishes to talk, please put her on again.

All the best to both of you
    Badger.
  • katekelly
    katekelly Member Posts: 975
    Sounds to me like you want your cucumber and eat it!!!!LOL LOL :lol::lol::lol:
  • colinone
    colinone Member Posts: 1,039
    If you peel the skin off it stops you from Burrrrrrrrping

Should we or should we not go ouch!!!!!
    If we where to go ouch many of us would ouch 24 hours a day
    Or at least every time that stabbing pain gets you.
    Or you can ouch under your breath or even scream in your mind
    If you are a keeper inner and I am or try to be, when you do ouch your partner says what’s to do lol “Oh its just the arthritis” oh ok as if its not a problem to you other times.
    Now if you are an oucher all the time do they think you’re a moaner.
    If you eat cucumber buttys you can disguise your moan as burb
    Got a pain love “no just a burp”
    Colin
  • eckstardeluxe
    eckstardeluxe Member Posts: 1,192
    I saw bed, wife and cucumber and didn't know if it was safe to keep reading, can you confirm it is? :lol::lol:
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    I saw bed, wife and cucumber and didn't know if it was safe to keep reading, can you confirm it is? :lol::lol:

..............it worried me when I glanced the bit about peeling skin off :lol::lol: - didn't know whether it was a fetish or a horror story :shock: :shock: :wink:

Luv Legs :lol::lol:
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • denpen
    denpen Member Posts: 389
    Great this is a real tonic.....keep it up.....
    Denise
  • jackie1955
    jackie1955 Member Posts: 632

This is brilliant :) had me laughing out loud this morning :)
  • jackie1955
    [..............it worried me when I glanced the bit about peeling skin off :lol::lol: - didn't know whether it was a fetish or a horror story :shock: :shock: :wink:

Luv Legs :lol::lol:[/quote]

LOL! - thats a brill response to the posting! :)
  • airwave
    airwave Member Posts: 579
    jackie1955 wrote:
    [..............it worried me when I glanced the bit about peeling skin off :lol::lol: - didn't know whether it was a fetish or a horror story :shock: :shock: :wink:

LOL! - thats a brill response to the posting! :)[/quote]

Good grief, what are you lot on.............yeah I knowwwww! Drugs....

8) Its a smile, honest!
  • jackie1955
    airwave wrote:
    jackie1955 wrote:

LOL! - thats a brill response to the posting! :)

Good grief, what are you lot on.............yeah I knowwwww! Drugs....

8) Its a smile, honest![/quote]

Hey airwave........................
    don't know if I should tell you only -
    I'm not on any drugs yet :!: :!: :!: what will I be like when I am :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: