Sick as a pig

Options
luckybug
luckybug Member Posts: 205
edited 4. Mar 2009, 05:49 in Living with Arthritis archive
I lost my only brother to murder in 2000, at the time my mum lost her son and then due to his murder lost her home and everything she possessed. anyway after living with me for almost 8 years which I am eternally grateful, but my independence went to the wall, as mum did everything, was like living at home again!! she decided to get a flat close by. Anyway it hasn't been easy as she has been scared of staying on her own, but she had just started beginning to enjoy her flat and her own company, she came up to stay with me on monday night as the closomat (toilet for those who are unsure) needed servicing and the man could call from 8am onwards, and no way on earth I can be up and dressed for then, so she decided to stay and let him in. Alls well, she pops down to see if she got any mail and her flat has been burgled and ransacked, they stole her TV and jewellery and cash, threw my brothers photos all over and empty all her drawers, I thought she was gonna have heart attack. So just knocked us all for six yet again. I felt sick to the stomach, I never knew what pain was until I lost my brother, but oh did I and do I feel for my mum..... Why do these people do these horrible things......?

Comments

• vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi
    What a horrible thing to have to go through. There are some real scumbags around right now. Hope the photos are ok, I know it's not much but it might be some comfort. I hope they catch them, lock them up and throw away the key.
    Love
    Vonski x
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    my thoughts and sorrow are with you and your mum it must have brought it all back ,there are such cruel people out there hope you have got a good police force , get in touch with victim support , they are very good and will be able to offer the right support for you and your mum , take care ,hugs to you both , xxxxxxxxxxxx :cry::cry::cry:
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • purvesrosie
    purvesrosie Member Posts: 59
    Options
    I'm so sorry about what happened, I hope your mum is ok. I hope they catch whoever done this and lock them up.
    We're always here if you need a chat,
    Take care
    Rosie x
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    So very sorry for you and your Mum. Its difficultfor anyone being burgled, but with your experiences it must be so much worse. My thoughts are with you. Sue
  • colinone
    colinone Member Posts: 1,039
    Options
    Oh luckybug
    is there no end to the heartache and torment, i'm so sorry for you both. Please pass on our well wishes to your mum
    take care and keep your chin up
    Colin
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    edited 26. Feb 2009, 07:33
    Options
    Hello Luckybug
    I could have wept when I read your message. I feel so sorry for you and your Mum. To have your brother murdered is such a tragic thing in your life, and I can't imagine how your Mum has coped with losing her son. Now for this burglary to happen is just dreadful. Having the place ransacked must make you feel violated, especially with the treasured photos thrown around.

There are some truly wicked people in the world, and you have had more than your fair share of them. It must make you feel that you can't trust anyone. I think you need the support of Victim Support. They are experts at dealing with the victims of crime and will help you.The Police will be able to put you in touch with them. I would contact them immediately as your Mum is going to need a lot of support.

In answer to why people do such wicked things- I wish I knew. Sadly, it is usually that they were damaged in some way by their upbringing.Some were abused,neglected or unloved. This doesn't excuse their behaviour, but it can explain it. I was a teacher for 30 years, teaching children aged 5 to 11. I could nearly always predict which ones would end up in trouble. You could see the signs at 5 years old, and when you looked at their parents you could see why!
    Now I see reports in the papers of those same children appearing in court and it makes me sad.They grow up with a feeling of alienation from society, and they don't have normal care for others.

All the best and do pass on my sympathy to your Mum

Joan

:)
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • debsmartin
    debsmartin Member Posts: 209
    Options
    Hello Luckybug

My thoughts are also with you, I was also saddened to hear whats has happened to your mum on top of everything else you have both been through, there are some very cruel people out there, I don't know how they live with themselves.

Take care

debs
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Options
    Hi Luckybug, I have just read this and feel really sorry for you both,
    I hope your mum can recover from this, there are some truly evil people in this world, I hope the police can find them and put them away for a long time love Jaspercatxx
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Ooooooooh Luckybug - I really don't feel I can address you as that because you really haven't been very lucky have you :?: :cry::cry:

I am so very, very sorry.

However you come to terms with all you've been through, I don't know ........ although on reading your postings I do feel you and your Mum are a great support for each other and this must be where you draw your strength.

I hope you both get over this and feel happier soon.

Luv Legs :(
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • luckybug
    luckybug Member Posts: 205
    Options
    Thanks for all your kind messages, glad I had my rant, things are looking better today, mums feeling better, she's staying here for a while, and we're sorting out a burglar alarm, I know it's a bit late, but better late than never, it could have been a lot worse had she been in bed, cos there are some horrific crimes nowadays much to our dismay we have lived through one and got the tee shirt. We can replace the things she lost, but we couldn't replace her, so we are fortunate. Once again many thanks for all your kind wishes and support. xxxx
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Options
    i was upset when i read this they are just scub bags! i believe in carma all the bad people do comes back to them. how awful some people are. my thoughts are with you. sending electronic hugs from joanne :cry::cry::|:|:|:| :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
    Joanne
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,424
    Options
    Hi Luckybug
    What a nightmare. What toerags!!!!
    I am so sorry.
    I hope your Mum and you are ok and that you get some good support from victim support.
    This is terrible
    thinking of you
    Toni x
  • magenta
    magenta Member Posts: 1,604
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm so sorry for what happened to your Mum. Victim support is a must. We will all be here if you need us,
    Take care,
    Magenta x
  • jeannie2
    jeannie2 Member Posts: 135
    Options
    Oh, Lucky,
    What a dreadful experience. I read your post yesterday and was speechless - didn't know what to say to you. Being burgled is a dreadful experience .. it left me angry, took away my comfort zone and I've never got it back.
    Give your mum a hug for me and tell her how sorry I am - if it happened to my old mum I'd be devastated.
    Every good wish.
    Jeannie S
  • nickynysmon08
    nickynysmon08 Bots Posts: 111
    Options
    it is heartbreaking to hear these things about your family. the positive thing in all this is , even though we encounter the evil in a few people e.g., who have broken into your mothers home, and stolen items, the bright aspect is we also encounter the love and genuine goodness in those others who would do anything to help us. there is far far more goodness and light in the world but when these evil things happen they hurt us more by the contrast they make to those who are genuinely good in heart. this is my way of seeing these things, I wish I could help you.

Nick
    luckybug wrote:
    I lost my only brother to murder in 2000, at the time my mum lost her son and then due to his murder lost her home and everything she possessed. anyway after living with me for almost 8 years which I am eternally grateful, but my independence went to the wall, as mum did everything, was like living at home again!! she decided to get a flat close by. Anyway it hasn't been easy as she has been scared of staying on her own, but she had just started beginning to enjoy her flat and her own company, she came up to stay with me on monday night as the closomat (toilet for those who are unsure) needed servicing and the man could call from 8am onwards, and no way on earth I can be up and dressed for then, so she decided to stay and let him in. Alls well, she pops down to see if she got any mail and her flat has been burgled and ransacked, they stole her TV and jewellery and cash, threw my brothers photos all over and empty all her drawers, I thought she was gonna have heart attack. So just knocked us all for six yet again. I felt sick to the stomach, I never knew what pain was until I lost my brother, but oh did I and do I feel for my mum..... Why do these people do these horrible things......?