From bad to worse!!!

purvesrosie
purvesrosie Member Posts: 59
edited 26. Feb 2009, 08:46 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all
You've prob read on last post about me being to ill to go away this weekend because of anemia and needing blood transfusion, Well yesterday morning i had really bad chest pains so i rang the doctor and she said go straight to causualty. I had ECG's and obs done. Then doc decided to send me to proper hospital. ( my local A+E is very small and doesn't even have its own doctor they have to ring gp's to come in) So ambulance came and had full blue lights and sirens very scary! it was 4o min ambulance ride which was awful, I spent all day and most night in A+E after every test under the sun was sent home. I still dont really know what the problem was!! I was told it was down to RA and anemia. I was a bit doped up on morphine to ask questions.
Rosie x

Comments

• woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    What a very frightening experience. :shock: . Perhaps if you go to the hospital again or maybe your own GP you will be able to discuss what happened and put your mind at rest. Its always hard, I find, to remember what docs tell you at the best of times, but after all the truma and durgs it was impossible :!: Hope everything goes well for you. Sue :)
  • colinone
    colinone Member Posts: 1,039
    Hi Rosie
    Your going through it so sorry to hear your not sorted out yet the whole thing is so scary you must be at your wits end with it. When my RA first started it started in my chest muscles and i was forever up and down to the cas thinking the worse and it took them over a year to come up with the RA diagnoses. i know how scary it can be. Dispite them saying its not your heart when you are in pain with the chest it is so scary. I hope they find the answer for you soon, What about the blood transfusion did you get it. Take care and keep your chin up
    Colin
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Hi Rosie,

............. now we're all wondering what was wrong :? How very scary for you, I sincerely hope you don't have to go through that again and what a shame they didn't give your blood transfusion whilst you were in hospital - it seems to me very logical, I'll never understand The System :roll:

I hope life gets back on an even keel for you very soon and goes back to being ordinary - all this drama's no good for anyone :wink:

Take care.

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • debsmartin
    debsmartin Member Posts: 209
    Hi Rosie

Sorry to hear about your scare it must have been awful for you.

Take care

debs