sulpha and mtx combi

Options
kezzo1
kezzo1 Member Posts: 171
edited 1. Mar 2009, 10:19 in Living with Arthritis archive
im on mtx injects 20 mg and now on sulpha 500 mg just starting my final dose week and com out in sore throat feel constantly nausious for 5 days and dizzy has anyone else experianced this? i never know if its a side effect or am i just ill? it is listed as a side effect what im feeling. :lol:

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Kezzo
    I think I would contact rheumy nurses incase you should stop taking it. Mind you others out there may well be able to reassure you if they've been on it an I haven't! :wink:
    Not easy feeling like that with work and a very small child I would think.
    Take care
    Toni x
  • colinone
    colinone Member Posts: 1,039
    Options
    Hi Kezzo sorry about this but i suffer bad with side effects and that combination your on made me feel really ill with all the symptoms you have. I have been on the methotrexate for 4 years and during that time i have suffered badly with my throat, does it come and go and do you get the dry mouth and your swollow muscles hurt like mad. It can also cause mouth thrush but thats easy to sort. They Say methotrexate works better with a combination of drugs thats another one along with it, with me the side effects seemed to be worse than arthur. It all seems to be trial and error and i'm now on methotrexate and enbrel "when they let me have it as i seem to have a constant infection"
    I know just how you feel not knowing if your sick or the drugs or the arthur. it really plays with your mind and has you worried. However having said all this please go and get checked out to be on the safe side. i dont know the details of all the drugs you take but many arthritis drugs like methotrexate can mask other things. You amune system is low and you feel like crap which makes you worse. so please see the GP and get checked out. In the end i refused to take the sulpha. Take care Kenzo and keep your chin up
    Colin
  • salsal
    salsal Member Posts: 49
    Options
    i felt really ill when i was taking my loading dose of sulph it did pass after i was up to full dose for about a week, your nearly there tell your rheum. nurse or gp but as long as your not vomiting, rash etc i personally would give it a bit longer