Does anyone know how Nearlybionic is doing ?

Options
sueandted
sueandted Member Posts: 40
edited 1. Mar 2009, 12:19 in Living with Arthritis archive
Just wondering if anybody on here knows how she's doing after the op ?

Comments

• nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Sueandted
    Thanks for thinking of me. Well, I had my op last Monday morning. 1st on the list. I was terrified I can tell you!! But after 6 days of drips, painkillers, physio, OT and rest!! I came home an hour ago.
    My leg is very swollen and my foot looks like an elephants but I can walk with elbow crutches, up steps etc..albeit slowly..but I`m getting there.
    I missed my family like crazy, but I`m home now.
    I will post again when i`ve rested more
    NB
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Nearly,
    Glad it all went ok and your home again. Take care, Cris
  • ikesother
    ikesother Member Posts: 171
    Options
    hi Nearly Bionic, have been thinking about you all week.Glad youve come through your op and your home already wow! Get yourself rested and take care jk :wink:
  • miss_l
    miss_l Member Posts: 138
    Options
    So glad your home and doing well !

Continue to take care of yourself
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi,
    Great to hear you're home. :) Sounds as if it was quite an experience. Don't over-do it, and keep up the good work! :) Love and best wishes Sue xx
  • jeanniep
    jeanniep Member Posts: 42
    Options
    Hi Nearly - are you Totally Bionic now? :lol:
    glad you're hoem, but probably not as glad as you are! Take it easy,get well slowly and surely.
    JeanP
  • colinone
    colinone Member Posts: 1,039
    Options
    Glad it went ok for you
    Colin
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Hi Nearly/totally bionic, :wink:

so gald to hear you are at home. Wherever we are, for whatever reason, there is nothign quite like home comforts is there?

hope you are soon up and about in less pain.
    take care xxxxx
  • nearlybionic
    Options
    Thanks everyone
    I really am touched that you have been thinking of me.
    I am so pleased to be home. The hospital was fine, but I am not used to sharing a room with 25 other women (mostly 30-40 years my senior!),. I didn`t know women could snore that loudly!!! :shock:
    I am exhausted now, its been a heck of a week! But i`m glad I had it done. (I think!) Time to tackle the stairs, no easy job with elbow crutches.
    I am seriously thinking of changing my username now.....totally...or fully....or half... :lol:
    NB
  • magenta
    magenta Member Posts: 1,604
    Options
    Thanks everyone
    I really am touched that you have been thinking of me.
    I am so pleased to be home. The hospital was fine, but I am not used to sharing a room with 25 other women (mostly 30-40 years my senior!),. I didn`t know women could snore that loudly!!! :shock:
    I am exhausted now, its been a heck of a week! But i`m glad I had it done. (I think!) Time to tackle the stairs, no easy job with elbow crutches.
    I am seriously thinking of changing my username now.....totally...or fully....or half... :lol:
    NB

Glad everything went well and you're back safely at home :) Had to laugh about the snoring-whenever I've been in hospital-I take earplugs :wink:
    Take care,
    Magenta xx
  • vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    Options
    Hi NB

Glad you're home and all went well :) Stairs and crutches :roll: I use one crutch and the handrail going up or down stairs. Only thing is someone has to be there to take the other crutch up or down for me :) Sure it won't be long before you feel a big improvement.

Love
    Vonski
  • jeannie2
    jeannie2 Member Posts: 135
    Options
    Hi Nearly,
    Amen to all that's been said. How did you cope with your fear??? Well done, you!
    Hope you feel much better day by day.
    Hugs,
    Jeannie S
  • sueandted
    sueandted Member Posts: 40
    Options
    Your home :) , feels great doesn't it ! , Lol about the ward , I couldn't believe how noisy it was too , met some lovely people though , they all hobbled to my bed for a chat !

I'm a pro with the stairs now !! , bit easier now I can weight bear a bit though :)

Onwards and upwards with the healing now :) Sue x
  • lindah
    lindah Member Posts: 445
    Options
    Hello,just adding my good wishes for a quick recovery.Well done you!!!

What a difference a week makes eh?

Linda
  • nearlybionic
    Options
    Hi Jeannie
    I can`t say I had any particular way of coping with the fear. Last Sunday I can honestly say I was the most short tempered, snappy person you could imagine. I had to keep apologising to my family! I didn`t sleep much on Sunday night, and was tearful in the car on the way to the hospital, tearful in the anaesthetic room, especially during my epidural! I think I found it more daunting as I am a nurse and have been in orthopaedic theatre and knew what was to come unfortunately. But once the drips and epidural were in place, the anaesthetist administered the drugs to put me under and that was it until I woke on the recovery ward. They were very quick and efficient in the anaesthetic room luckily , so I didn`t have too long to worry!
    Lindah,
    I like the phrase `what a difference a week makes`, how true!
    I have just had my first night in my own bed- not bad , woke twice.
    I have spent all morning getting washed, my husband has washed my hair over the kitchen sink!, getting dressed, and having breakfast. It took 3 hours in total with rests! Now I`m shattered :roll:
    I am feeling more confident each day so am sure I have done the right thing.(although glad its not last Sunday today! :lol: )
    NB
  • mazza1961
    mazza1961 Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Glad your op went well.
    I had RTHR 3 years ago.
    My top tip is to try to get a spare crutch and keep this at the top of the stairs so when you are using one crutch to go up and down stairs, you have a crutch waiting for you top or bottom of stairs :D Got fed up waiting for family members to pass me my 2nd crutch :roll:
    Also was just given one raised toilet seat and as we have upstairs and downstairs loo i got a 2nd one from Red Cross, so was never caught short :oops: .

Hope you continue to recover well. Mine was slower than expected but got there eventually :mrgreen:
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi,
    You should hear what my husband says about my snoring :oops: . He says it makes the house shake :oops: :oops: :oops: . Its a good job you didn't have me in your ward!!! Glad you're doing well. Love Sue
  • noeltone
    noeltone Member Posts: 878
    Options
    Hi nearlybionic I am glad your THR went well and you r out of hosp mine took a wile to settle down and try to take it easy and slowly build up to things did you get any stockings??????
  • collettem
    collettem Member Posts: 94
    Options
    Hi there,

Its good to hear that your op went well and your home. It has helped with my panic at the moment with mine on tuesday panic is setting in big time, and like you every one will be many years older. But you post has been of help. I hope your rehab goes well and like me look forward to the summer.

Take care

C
  • nearlybionic
    Options
    Hi Collette
    I hope your op goes well. If you have been given some aids by OT, take your helping hand/grabber with you for postop. I found mine invaluable for reaching things i`d dropped, and even pulling my blankets up over my cold feet! It prevents any unnecessary bending and twisting. I will send you a private message too.
    NB
  • collettem
    collettem Member Posts: 94
    Options
    Hi Collette
    I hope your op goes well. If you have been given some aids by OT, take your helping hand/grabber with you for postop. I found mine invaluable for reaching things i`d dropped, and even pulling my blankets up over my cold feet! It prevents any unnecessary bending and twisting. I will send you a private message too.
    NB

Hi, Thanks for the advice. I have not gotten any of those yet but hopefully will get them in the hospital. I was thinking how do you dress etc silly things. but I am sure they will help. Thanks for your advice and I hope you have a speedy recovery
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Hi NB,

I always believe that home is where you heal - get well very soon.

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'