how do you manage with arthritis TIPS and questions

Options
juliewilliams
juliewilliams Bots Posts: 3
edited 1. Mar 2009, 09:21 in Living with Arthritis archive
hello my name is Julie Williams and i suffer from OA and RA and i have had in the last 8 years 4 hip operations and a back operation and i would like to know how others manage with this as i am struggling to manage, Ive only been living in Dover for 6 months and i don't know anyone so if there is anyone living in the Dover area get in touch send a message please

Comments

• alicea
    alicea Member Posts: 111
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    hello my name is Julie Williams and i suffer from OA and RA and i have had in the last 8 years 4 hip operations and a back operation and i would like to know how others manage with this as i am struggling to manage, Ive only been living in Dover for 6 months and i don't know anyone so if there is anyone living in the Dover area get in touch send a message please

Hi Julie , I have only just joined, I have been reading everyones posts for a few days and have found them very interesting, I live in preston so i am a long way from you in Dover. You sound like you are in a lot of pain, did the operations help with pain relieve ? I had a hip replacement a couple of years ago the pain was driving me mad i could'nt stand it anymore , I have been pain free in my hip since it is great. anyway bye for now keep your chin up .....Alicea
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    Hi Julie and Alicea

Welcome to the forum. a010.gif You will find us a sympathetic but practical lot, sometimes. I live about halfway between Dover and Preston so not exactly neighbours to either of you.

Hope to see further postings from you both, soon. e060.gif

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    HI both & welcome to the forum.

I'm nowhere near i'm afraid, being in East Yorkshire ........ but I am sure there are people living nearer to you who do pop onto the forum.

haveyou tried looking at the 'in your area' tab on this web site? they have details of the different Arthritis Care groups & branches that meet up in different areas - they could put you in touch with people more local to you.

take care xxx
  • colinone
    colinone Member Posts: 1,039
    Options
    Hi Julia and Alicea
    I just wanted to welcome you both to the site and see you have already met some of the peeps. It sounds like you have both both been through it a bit julia more than most. Well i'm not much help with the advice although i suffer with PA and RA coping is perhaps the hardest thing and when uour in pain 24/7 its even harder. We all have different ways of coping and with me things play on my mind and the pain gets to me. I try to be possitive as much as i can but forever overdoing it like most i supose. Anyway you both take care and keep your chin up. Julia are you on a posting.
    Colin
  • jeannie2
    jeannie2 Member Posts: 135
    Options
    Hello to you both. I'm closer to Preston, Julie, and haven't got a helicopter, so I can't come and hold your hand, but welcome to the community both of you.
    Keep your chins up. We can't take away your pain but at least you'll know you're not alone - we can listen and even make you smiles sometimes.
    Jeannie S
  • juliewilliams
    juliewilliams Bots Posts: 3
    Options
    alicea wrote:

Hi Julie , I have only just joined, I have been reading everyones posts for a few days and have found them very interesting, I live in preston so i am a long way from you in Dover. You sound like you are in a lot of pain, did the operations help with pain relieve ? I had a hip replacement a couple of years ago the pain was driving me mad i could'nt stand it anymore , I have been pain free in my hip since it is great. anyway bye for now keep your chin up .....Alicea

thanks for the reply and no my hip replacements didn't relive pain and Ive also had a back operation witch left me with no feeling in my foot and leg
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Hi Julie and Alicea and welcome to the forum,

When my pains at it's worst I do a bit and rest alot and on days when I'm feeling better I do alot and rest a bit. :wink: Always works for me.

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'