Newbie! Needing Advice! SI joint Pain!

Options
weerosie
weerosie Member Posts: 22
edited 12. Mar 2009, 05:38 in Young people's community
Hi everyone,

I just found out last week that I have arthtistis in my SI Joint in my lower back. I'm 27 years old, and super active, however when I was about 13 I sustained a injury to that area whilst doing sports - and boy am I paying for it now!

I ended up going to A&E last week because the pain was so severe, and thats when I found out that Arthritis had set in. The Doctor has refered me to the orthopeadic surgeon, but goodness only knows how long that will take. He also gave me Diclofenac, tramadol and lansoprozale. (sp!?) The tramadol takes the edge of the pain, but it makes me all dopey (well more so than normal!) I've made an appointment with my own GP, but the earliest app I could get is the end of march!!!!! I've tried to battle on and go to work and just ignore the pain, but its all getting too much. I'm pretty much in agony all the time, and im hardly sleeping - this just isnt me!

Do any of you lovely people have any advice or suggestions on what I should do?!?! I hate to cause a fuss, but I really feel that I just can't go on like this!

Thanks. xx :cry: