My problem of the week

Options
magenta
magenta Member Posts: 1,604
edited 18. Mar 2009, 18:51 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hiya,
I've hurt my back-done this before years ago. I bent over a little to help my son with something and I got a sharp pain in my back. Could hardly straighten myself up again. It's agony and I'm struggling. Also, my feet and toes have been tingling, only notice it once I've sat down for a while (usually to go on-line). I crossed my right foot over my left and my little toe became completely numb :shock: I'm been having all this tingling, numbness in hands for ages but this is new. Anyone else get this? I don't think it's connected to the back pain though cos it's been happening for the past week.
Magenta x

Comments

• colinone
    colinone Member Posts: 1,039
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Magenta i was just talking to debs have you noticed how as one problem eases up and you begin to get some relief another one starts. Or you dont sleep for ages then just as your settling for what you think is going to be a good nights sleep you start to itch or get that pain in your foot that you havent had for ages. then your awake most of the night once again. Take care your having a bit of a bad run, i hope things settle soon
    Colin
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,485
    Options
    Oh
    Magenta!!!
    Poor old you :shock:
    It's awful to say, but we all seem to do the slightest thing wrong(look at suzster with her hands) and it really backfires(no pun intended).
    The tingling could def be to do with the back - even if it seems to have happened the other way around.
    You know the ropes by now REST (if you can) painkillers heat or ice whichever helps and unfortunately TIME and hopefully it will settle.
    Gotta tell rheumy though....
    Colin is right though it is one thing after another!
    Take care
    Toni xx
  • eckstardeluxe
    eckstardeluxe Member Posts: 1,192
    Options
    Hi Magenta, I think they might be linked, sorry. I'm sorry I can't remember what type of arthur you have, but mines being in my spine I have additonal issues that come with it because it's advanced. I thought I had 3 bulging discs, turns out I have 4 and spinal stenosis. Both those give me parathesia and tingling and sciatica you wouldn't believe. Because mines is advanced my muscles strain and spasm all the time. I take diazepam for this and it really does work. I know it's hard but you have to try and avoid lifting when you can or bending as I find only one time can start the spasms off. It's a nightmare for me as I have a 10 month old son and so have to lift him when hubby's not there. Thermacare or heat wraps work wonders on bad days too. Hope you feel better soon, Alex x
  • magenta
    Options
    Hi all,
    I've been using my heat cushion and it seems to be helping a bit. I'll try and rest today. I'm off work because my wee boy has conjunctivitis :( Doesn't help my back though as I have to wrestle him into a position to put the drops in!
    Magenta
  • eckstardeluxe
    eckstardeluxe Member Posts: 1,192
    Options
    Hi Magenta

Just wondering how you are doing now. Any better? How's your son? x
  • bailey27
    bailey27 Member Posts: 689
    Options
    Cant offer any advice but hope you are feeling better soon! x
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Options
    i have back pains and the tingling and the finers go numb arther is just a nusence. and it is one thing after another take care i hope you feel better soon joanne
    Joanne
  • magenta
    Options
    Hi Magenta

Just wondering how you are doing now. Any better? How's your son? x

Hi,
    Short post-computer just dies on me everytime I come on. I'm ok, just had a hot bath. Son is back to normal boisterous self :lol:
    Thanks everyone for asking-better log-out now in case I'm cut off!
    Magenta x