my feet this morning!!!

Options
mash65
mash65 Bots Posts: 834
edited 16. Mar 2009, 18:40 in Living with Arthritis archive
i got up this morning,started to clean up & prepare dinner.
just started doing the potatoes & i got pain,burning,itching feeling in both my feet.i had to sit down rip off my socks.
i then went upstairs filled the sink with warm water & ask o/h to wash my feet. both feet were swelling,red & so itchy.
he told me to put on ankle socks(cotton)but they still feel hot & ready to start burning & iching again.
iv not suffered from this since my accident 1984,were my r/foot always did this.it settled down after i had 3rd op.to remove an exposed nerve on top of my foot.but it looks like the nerve on r/foot is raised again.
but this wouldnt explain both feet swelling,itching & going red.
only thing that i can think of is circulation,or is this also linked to arthr?iv had itchy feet in bed too.iv also had foot infections,but now treated.
debsx

Comments

• colinone
    colinone Member Posts: 1,039
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Debs
    I'm not going to be of much help i'm Afraid although I do suffer with the itchies I just put it down to Arthur along with everything else. But if you want an endless sleepless night get yourself a pair of itchy feet. i know how that one feels. Have you noticed as soon as you get relief from one thing another kicks off. Take Care
    Colin
  • vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    Options
    Hi
    Was the itch one of those that you can't scratch? Not being funny but the ones that feel deep inside rather than on the surface. I've been suffering with red, hot, painful itchy feet for a few years. I can't stand to have them in water though as it feels like someone is sticking pins in them. I'm now going to see a vascular surgeon after ortho consultant first said it was oa then decided it was nerve damage :roll: Have to see what comes of the vascular appointment.
    Good luck
    Vonski
  • mash65
    Options
    yes it was a deep down itch.
    no amout of itching or rubbing was gonna get rid off it.
    socks off,o/h had to wash them & rubbed baby lotion in them for relief. strange feeling.
  • vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    Options
    Hi
    I hate those itches they send me mad. Do your feet hurt if you touch them too? I've found the only thing that seems to help me is to keep them very cold, heat seems to make them worse.
    Vonski
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,485
    Options
    Ooh you poor things!!!
    I presume you've tried antihistamine types creams?? probably won't help if it's inside though worth a try??
    Sympathy coming your way...
    Take care
    Toni x
  • suzster
    suzster Member Posts: 1,328
    Options
    that sounds horrible, silly question but you have taken anything different meds wise have you? just in case it's an allergic reaction?
    probably not but sometimes i wish things could be that simple!
    my feet have been bad far yrs, it drove me mad as no shoes ever felt comfy, i'm thinking this RA that really kicked in after i had my youngest must of been slowly creeping up on me for yrs, it just took a big hormonal thing to get it going proprly!
    it's such a joy, not.
    take care and i really hope you get some relief soon.
    sue
  • mash65
    Options
    hi,thanks for the replies.
    sue;no changes in meds so not a reaction.
    feet arent as bad today just seems to come on when i stand to do something,iv made a note along with a millions other things to ask rhymy at nx appointment. :roll: :roll:
    yes the joys of arthr the life long companion u could do without.
    debsx
  • petmad
    petmad Member Posts: 252
    Options
    Hope it settles soon Mash, I have strange stuff like this with my feet to, following this they tend to feel quite leathery. Linda
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hello
    I get those sort of itches in my hands and upper arms during the night. Sometimes in my feet when sitting. I think it may be a nerve in my spine or something. I've been told the hands are due to carpel tunnel, which I have in both hands as well as oa. Just thinking about it is making my hands itch!!! :shock: :wink: Love Sue