Really fed up now

Options
mandy_b1967
mandy_b1967 Bots Posts: 115
edited 17. Mar 2009, 07:15 in Living with Arthritis archive
It's taken me three years to get my gp to beleive me when I said I had a problem with my joints, mainly my back. I had an appointment with the rheumy last month and had blood tests and back xrays. I then had an appointment on this wednesday to go back for the results. Just had a phone call to tell me that my appointment has had to be cancelled as the report on my xray hasnt yet been done. My bloods have also come back clear.

I am so fed up now. I feel as if no one beleive me. Now got to wait for a new appojntment date!!
Mandy

Comments

• joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Mandy
    How frustrating for you to have to wait even longer for your results. I can't understand why you have had to wait 3 years already. I was seeing a consultant last year, and I wasn't happy with his attitude, so my doctor said I could have a second opinion. He referred me to a different consultant, and the difference was amazing. He really listened to me, and in no time at all he arranged for me to have surgery on my knee.I think people don't always realise that you can ask for a second opinion if you aren't happy with the way things are going.

Good luck and I hope you get some answers soon'
    Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    Hi Mandy
    I am sorry that you feel so fed up, but know where you are coming from! I have been back and forward to see GP`s etc for years before I feel they took me serious. I kept getting fobbed off with, muscular aches, etc.. before they really looked at things differently and diagnosed my hip dyplasia, and OA. I still have other pains etc which they haven`t attributed to any thing as yet but maybe they will in time!
    You know your pain is real and unfortunately diagnosing things can be a process of elimination, so some things will come back negative before they do more tests to rule out the next thing. But that means more time waiting and more time in pain.
    I hope you get your appointment soon and find out what is causing your pain so you can get the right treatment.
    Take care x
    NB
  • magenta
    magenta Member Posts: 1,604
    Options
    It's taken me three years to get my gp to beleive me when I said I had a problem with my joints, mainly my back. I had an appointment with the rheumy last month and had blood tests and back xrays. I then had an appointment on this wednesday to go back for the results. Just had a phone call to tell me that my appointment has had to be cancelled as the report on my xray hasnt yet been done. My bloods have also come back clear.

I am so fed up now. I feel as if no one beleive me. Now got to wait for a new appojntment date!!
    Mandy

Hi Mandy,
    I know only too well how upsetting all this can be. My bloods always come back clear-going on 20yrs! I always get the consultants agreeing with me at my first appointment and they'll do all sorts of things for me-only for my bloods to be normal and they then change their attitude towards me. I do honestly hope you get sorted soon and by that I mean-a new appointment and some treatment. Best wishes,
    Magenta xx
  • eckstardeluxe
    eckstardeluxe Member Posts: 1,192
    Options
    Sorry Mandy that's a real bummer. I whooped with joy when an envelope came from our Hospital today and then said to the hubby "och it's just Urology" he says "what did you think it was?" I said "Pain clinic". Can't believe I'm so desperate for an appointment! Hopefully you'll get it re-scheduled soon. x
  • mandy_b1967
    mandy_b1967 Bots Posts: 115
    Options
    Sorry Mandy that's a real bummer. I whooped with joy when an envelope came from our Hospital today and then said to the hubby "och it's just Urology" he says "what did you think it was?" I said "Pain clinic". Can't believe I'm so desperate for an appointment! Hopefully you'll get it re-scheduled soon. x

I hope you get your pain clinic appointment soon. I think I will have to wait around 3 weeks to a month.
    Mandy
  • petmad
    petmad Member Posts: 252
    Options
    Hi Mandy, I am so sorry you are going through this. Like you my tests have always come back negative, my GP has been great, it was the Rheumy I had problems with even after I was diagnosed with OA.
    Now have had osteophyte and disc removed from neck, swollen joints etc I am eventually being seen by another Rheumy. (1st appointment in 2 weeks)
    You keep plugging on. Linda
  • milmandy
    milmandy Member Posts: 20
    Options
    I've been just at that same place and am still hurting and undiagnosed. Sympathy, but you really are not alone. No raised bloods etc etc..no problem, except that there is!
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,485
    Options
    HI Mandy
    There is a problem and they will find it - eventually.
    Hang on in there girl. Someof us have to. In the menatime you still have us.
    And special membership of the great undiagnosed!
    Take care
    Toni x
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    HELLO MANDY

Sorry, its so hard waiting for test etc and then finding out that nothing is showing up. Don't give up now, though, it just means that these tests showed nothing, not that nothings wrong. I know how you feel, I've been their and so have a lot of people on this site and I'm sure they'll let you know :) . Arther is a very crafty person and hides, he likes to keep everyone guessing! :wink: Take care, Love Sue