Paraffin Wax

Options
iffyhands
iffyhands Member Posts: 3
edited 18. Mar 2009, 16:51 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi

Does anyone use this with their home machine and incurred problems getting it on prescription?

Chemist says now discontinued as with many of the websites that advertise it even if it advertises it as in stock, many seem to use same distributor. Found source via my OT.

Chemist now says Nat. Pharmaceutical Society say it is Category 8 and over the limit, so cannot order it. Cost is just over £28 for 6 + P & P. Advised to go back to GP as should be showing no longer available.

Still showing available at doctors after several months. Does anyone have any ideas where Chemist can obtain this from?

Comments

• livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Click on: http://www.google.co.uk/products?q="Paraffin+Wax"&hl=en&scoring=p which will give you a list of retail and wholesale suppliers. As regards availability, well....? a080.gif

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • iffyhands
    iffyhands Member Posts: 3
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    iffyhands wrote:
    Hi

Does anyone use this with their home machine and incurred problems getting it on prescription?

Chemist says now discontinued as with many of the websites that advertise it even if it advertises it as in stock, many seem to use same distributor. Found source via my OT.

Chemist now says Nat. Pharmaceutical Society say it is Category 8 and over the limit, so cannot order it. Cost is just over £28 for 6 + P & P. Advised to go back to GP as should be showing no longer available.

Still showing available at doctors after several months. Does anyone have any ideas where Chemist can obtain this from?

Thank you for link. I am looking for low melting paraffin wax which the chemist can purchase. Believe the supplier has to have NHS Direct logo on their site