Occy Health tomorrow

Options
woodbon
woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
I have to go for a medical tomorrow with Occy Health to decide if I will be fit to go back to work, redeployment or retire sick. As a care assistant I have been told that I won't be able to go back to my old job. As I work for the council, I don't know how the re-deployment thing works. I don't think I am fit enough to do much at moment, to be honest, and I still am waiting for the result of my blood test for myasthenia. I also may have to have surgery on my wrists for carpel tunnel, although that is fairly minor, it does mean I'll be out of action for a while. I hope some decisions can be made soon, as I feel fed up with the stress of waiting and going to one place and then another. I have to do things there way, because of pension and what not. Just feel bit fed up. Sue

Comments

• tanith
    tanith Member Posts: 175
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Sue, sorry you are having so many probs, I went through exactly what you are 3yrs ago.. from the time I went off sick to the time I actually received my pension (ill-health early retirement) took almost 18mths its a frustrating business...

Occy health should be entirely impartial and I found they were actually very helpful and sympathetic. I went down the redeployment route but the two or three things they came up with were either too far away or were just not something I felt I could manage , its ok to say no by the way... (a lot of travelling) I had a hard time coming to terms with the fact that I couldn't do my job anymore but once I had things went smoothly . Occy health recommended ill-health retirement and eventually thats what happened... Now I am so glad as I was really struggling to cope in the last year at work..

If you have any questions, ask away...
    Our worst times are always our best lessons.
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi
    Yes, we live in the middle of the country - which is lovely - but I don't want to drive too much as I can't manage without a lot of discomfort. I will just have to go through the motions and see what they offer - I know me manager doesn't think I could go back and I have to say, I'm not sure I could manage. I had cut back my shifts as much as possible. Once things are sorted, I'll feel better about them, its just all the waiting for appointments and stuff that is frustrating :roll: . I'm not good at being patient! :) Love SUE