Starting Meds.

Options
jackie1955
jackie1955 Member Posts: 632
edited 17. Mar 2009, 18:47 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all,
Had my second rheumy appointment today. Diagnosis is early stage RA; rheumy had a student with him and showed her my hands and fingers, and I told him about the terrible pain in my left knee so he examined it again. He spoke about the treatment and what he felt was the best course of action for me. It was good he had the student there as he was not only educating her but me as well!

So, given an injection into my posterior; starting Methotrexate in next couple of weeks; getting appointment with Occ. Therapist; also now, after being on diclofenac for 18 months - he has prescribed something to protect my stomach. Oh, and had a chest x-ray!

After reading postings on here I had a good idea of what to expect today, so nothing came as a big shock. I like the rheumy, and feel happy and confident in him :)

I'm just hoping the injection does something to ease the pain and inflammation.....

Comments

• gemmapetken
    gemmapetken Member Posts: 263
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    good luck with the meds!
    Just bear in mind that the first ones you try dont always work! Fingers crossed for you!

Bug hugs
    Gemma
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Options
    Hi, I also wish you good luck with your meds, sometimes you have to try several different ones before you find one that works, I am on my third one now love Jaspercatxx
  • petmad
    petmad Member Posts: 252
    Options
    Glad you had such a possitive appointemt. Best of luck and hope the meds work well for you. Linda
  • jackie1955
    jackie1955 Member Posts: 632
    Options
    Cheers folks, thanks for your support and words of caution too.

Yes, I know it may take time to get the meds right - quite a while in some cases! Have been through a similar scenario with my husband and his chronic health problems :( .

BUT, I feel in a positive frame of mind that now something is being done to make a stand against the progression of the disease :)

You know, I may "never win the war against arthur, but now I'm getting armed and damn it - am I gonna fight!"

Jackie x
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hello, Glad you had a positive experience and like your rheummy, I think it helps a lot, and gives you confidence. Med students can be useful! Good luck with the new medication. Love Sue