more blumin problems

Options
weetabix
weetabix Member Posts: 43
edited 24. Mar 2009, 10:59 in Living with Arthritis archive
I now have a swelling at the back of my ankle that is quite red and bit hot. the Lumps on my scalp are giving me a headache. I am getting very stressed about it now.I have been off my Enbrel now for over four weeks. so i am feeling like c**p
my shoulders are so painfull i can't get dressed and at night i stiffen up coz of sitting and watching tv. then i hobble off to bed..
sorry to moan but i am concerned more and more about these lumps and none of the doctors know what they are of what has caused them..

they are quite sore i have two of them today one on either side of my head.. and they are not my glands.they are higher up in my head..

i keep looking on google but i can,t find anything usefull
rhuemy said he had no suggestions..

if anyone has any insight or has had similar problems i would love to hear from you

night night
weetabix

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,485
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Weetabix
    I wondered where you had got to.
    Those lumps are back eh? and new ones too?! Poor you. and you're off the enbrel!!! :shock:
    AND no-one seems able to help and you're in pain!
    You really honestly have all my sympathy. Are you going to try different meds or are they hoping the lumps were caused by the enbrel?
    I wish I could be more use, but maybe it helps a bit to knwo we care and want you to feel a bit better very soon.
    Take care
    Toni x
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Hi Weetabix,

You're not having much joy at the moment, are you, sorry you're still feeling rough. :(

I'm not sure what you're putting into the search engine but I've just goggled 'Painful Scalp Lumps' and quite alot of results came up from infected hair folicles, sebaceous cycsts to scary stuff. (Sorry if you've already tried putting that in but if you haven't it might be worth a go.)

As a note of reassurance I think that if your GP or Rheumy aren't alarmed by them - then possibly you shouldn't be and chasing around on the Internet can sometimes be more worrying.

I would keep reminding your GP and Rheumy that they haven't gone away though - that's if you can put up with the pain (I don't know how unbearable it is for you), just so they know.

Hope this helps.

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi weetabix

Do you think it may be scalp dermatitis or psoriasis, but I would definitely have thought your rheumy would know that. In your previous thread you did say your gp did not bother to look at the lumps on your head and flippently dismissed saying it must be something to do with your arthritis.

If it is there is shampoo they can prescribe to curb it.

Best wishes
    Elna
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi,
    Just sympathy, no ideas about whats going on. I hope they soon go! Take care, love Sue
  • weetabix
    Options
    Hi i have now decided to change my doctors. they made a right meess up of it this time.. i had /have a water infection that i had diagnosed at the rhumey app. went to docs about my blood pressure and she tells me that one of the doctors at the practice has a prescrption for me. for a water infection that was diagnosed at the rhumeys app. so off i went and got the prescrition and had to stay off the Enbrel still.. only to find out a week later that they didnt want me to take the tablets they gave me i was supposed to be prescribed something differnt and for longer coz of the nature of the infection. So rang the surgery and was told she would ask the doc.. waited for her to ring back 4 45 she still hadnt so i rung them. got a totally dif person who didnt have a clue what i was on about saying that the nature of the infection was sent in a letter but she couldnt find it..the other one found it earlier in the day..

So as i have been feeling very unwell for a couple of weeks now. i have decided after today i am changing my doctors

gone with another from our town. and i will get an app straight away as soon as i register tomorrow..

maybe they wil be more helpful and i might not have to keep coming off the Enbrel and they will sort me out for good.

sorry for that rant but just had to tell you all..

Weetabix
  • vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    Options
    Hi Weetabix

For what it's worth I think you've done the right thing changing your Dr. after all the other one put you through. Hope the new one is heaps better and gets you sorted out soon.

Love
    Vonski x
  • weetabix
    Options
    Been to see the new doctor and she was so helpful i cried!!
    she gave me some more tabs to try for the bloodpressure and have to go back on friday for some bloods. then in two weeks if i dont get swollen ankles with the ones that she has prrscribed.. if so i have to go back before two weeks and tell her..

lumps in my head didnt have any today so i have to go back when one appears she doesnt think its anything serious.cramps are due the high blood pressure. she said.
    she wants to see me soon as wel as she said i was looking rather down she thinks i may be depressed.. not suprised after the treatment i got at the last surgery.. also going for a full health check on friday too..

i'll keep you all posted how i get one..
    hope you are all having a good day today and feel good

weetabix
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    Hi Weetabix
    I`m so pleased that you have had a good experience with the new gp.I hope that it goes well with new medication. The good thing is, you seem to have found someone you can talk to easily, which will help if you are feeling down.
    Take care.
    NB
  • vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    Options
    Hi Weetabix

Glad you had such a good experience with your new Dr. Hope she/he gives you all the help you need :)

Love
    Vonski x
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi
    Glad to hear you've changed your doctor, the other practice sounds hopeless :( . Hope you soon start to feel better :) Love Sue
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Someone to take care of you at last Weetabix - just what you needed.

Happy for you.

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'