help!

Options
lynnemarie
lynnemarie Member Posts: 37
edited 6. Apr 2009, 12:26 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi All,

I havent been on for ages, cause i was feeling fab and all in control!, but hey ho it didnt last forever!

I have sero negative arthur, main areas are jaw, lower back, and 1 toe, however over the past few months, things have been getting much much worse, my arm has been playing up, hurting after i have been typing, my big toe started throbbing and tingling, and i feel that it is swollen, but under my foot in the big ball area of my big toe, feel very tired, sick, indigestion type symtoms, what is happening to me!!, i thought all would be ok now, so it is the arthur getting worse, am i just having a flare and what should i do!, i went to see my gp the other week (who has been wanting me to have the camera down my throat for ages but i had no pain or discomfort then) - my hb was v low, they have put me on iron for a short time, and changed my coil to a marina one, which caused me loads of probs, so had it taken out and now on the pill - which feels much better. - the gp has given me some indigestion tablets and have to go back in a week to discuss the camera down - not due to see consultant til May - any advice muchly appreciated please, as dont feel like getting out of bed at the moment and i dont want to be grumpy and in pain forever!!! :wink:

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi lynnemarie

Sorry to read your thread especially after you have been feeling brill for a good few months.

I have not got any wonderful remedies for you but you could always give the helpline here a call. Do you have a rheumy nurse you could perhaps speak with as well?

I am not sure exactly from your thread what has gone "pear-shape" all of a sudden. Is it the meds are no longer working to be making you feel unwell.

You could try to get an earlier appointment with your consultant. Seems like you need a review with him before May if you cannot speak with a rheumy nurse.

Sorry I have no magical answers - sometimes it makes it all even worse when one has been feeling so well for a goodly time and it is an extra big shock when it all comes back with a vengeance.

I sincerely hope you get sorted soon.

Luv
    Elna
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi, sorry your feeling like this. I think we all do at times and it may be part of how we cope? Sounds a bit 'A' about face but we all seem to do it, I certainly do! :) Look where the camera is concerned its no big deal! I got crohn's and cameras come with the territory and they do sedate\relax you and if you can see the screen its actually fascinating...... OK maybe only to me?! :lol: Go for it cus its a few mins of your life and may help sort you out.

Your other things I can't help you with as I only got OA but the digestive stuff...... all of mine has been well looked at, poked, prodded and its not as bad as you think. There is one you get in a capsule and it goes through all of you taking pics as it goes..... If you got digestive problems it does mean you may not be able to take the anti flams? Could I ask what your gp has given you for pain?
    Sorry I can't be more helpful and I hope you feel a lot better soon. x
  • lynnemarie
    Options
    i know i will prob have to have the camera thing done, but cause my jaw is so painfull to open wide, that worries me to how painful that will be, they took me off the anti inflams months ago when my hb level dropped really low!

i do think i more than ready for a review, i have psorais in a intimate area too!,, that has come on over the past year but only just been diagnosed, - that is brought on by stress the gp said but it worry's me if it is connected to the disease.

i am just on co-codamols for the pain, but try and avioid them as they can make me feel sicky and woozy - so just trying to cope really!
    I have been having pins and needles and numbness in my arm and fingers as well.

I guess its just been a shock to be having a bad time after feeling in control and wanted someone to say it was connected to the arthur or it wasnt and was a entirely different reason!

Work has been v stressful as well which hasnt helped, i just feel like i need some me time and chill time, i might go sit in the sun for a few mins and get some vitamin D!!

thanks for both of your support xx
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi lynnemarie

Now that you have a diagnosis of psoriasis perhaps the view of your consultant may change. You really do need an earlier review than May. Perhaps you have psoriatic arthritis which is an inflammatory joint disease associated with psoriasis. I hasten to add it does not automatically follow that if you have psoriasis that you will contract psoriasis arthritis but I feel you should mention this to your consultant when you next see him.

It most commonly affects the joints in the hands and feet, but can also cause inflammation, swelling and pain in larger joints, including the knees, elbows, hips and the spine.

Wishing you all the best
    Elna
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Lynne
    When you see them explain that you have problems with your jaw and see if you can get them to do a capsule camera. Its like a big tablet and it takes the pics very well. They have suspended them here now as they are 15 grand a time and not re-usable..... I hope! :) I also have problems with opening my mouth wide but for my last one they knocked me out and thats the best kind to have I think!

There is certainly a link between IBD and Arthritis but tablets and stress also do damage to your digestion. Both my ulcers were 'probably' diclo related. I wont give them up though as ulcers hurt for a bit till they have been healed and the oa hurts for ever and beyond. Its my choice but everyone makes their own over the diclo's and none of us are wrong.

I don't know if they can give you some kind of anti flam but you take it easy and try not to get too stressed. Vit D is good and there is no better way to get it than the sun. Sending you a ((()))) and hope they sot you soon. Take care x
  • lynnemarie
    Options
    Hiya,

Thanks to you all for your support the other week, when i was feeling in a bad way!

But know why it was now!!! :roll: i came down with a v bad case of the flu the same day, and was bed ridden for nearly a week! - it then turned into a bad chest infection!!!, lived at the gp's nearly, had double the dose of anitbiotics, which eventually did the trick and i am now nearly back to full strength - the funny thing is all my aches and pains that have been coming on for the past few months have gone!!! :D
    So my opinion is that my body was telling me to slow down, take a breather, look after myself- and me being a busy mum, working part timer ignored (stress at work!) all the signs and carried on rushing around!, till the point my body made sure i rested! - like a said i feel fab again - but am going to be certain that i listen to my body in the future and take each day at a time and take a breather every now and again!

So thanks again, and advice to other people, listen to your body - it knows what to do!!

:lol:
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    So glad you're feeling better Lynne - long may it continue :D

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Its good your feeling better. The rest must have helped, but don't do too much at first, remeber it takes a while to get over the flu. You're still and invalid and need care from the family!!! :) Love Sue
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    lynnemarie wrote:
    my arm has been playing up, hurting after i have been typing, my big toe started throbbing and tingling
    While its difficult to say why, you may have a touch of RSI caused by typing/computer use. k050.gif
    You don't say how long you type for, but have a look at the info at http://www.system-concepts.com/articles/office-ergonomics/our-tips-for-comfortable-computer-use/

How can this affect your toes, I hear someone mutter? Some people screw up or clench their toes while concentrating, which could give foot pain.

But, I think you should still consult with your GP about it.

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    Sorry you've had a lot of pain. Keep coming on here to talk about it

Nx