right benefit review

Options
plmb48
plmb48 Member Posts: 125
edited 21. Mar 2009, 16:34 in Living with Arthritis archive
hi all
i have just read on one of my other fourums that people are being sent randomly forms about DLA these people seem to be ones granted this benifit indefinetly anyone heard about this ? anyone had one? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: pauline

Comments

• mash65
    mash65 Bots Posts: 834
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    hi,just noticed that no1s answered u.
    yes ive heard of this it was a new thing government has brought out.
    its to check that ur getting the money ur entitled too.
    but be careful cause ive read horrible stories of them reducing benefits.
    so i would advise u to get advice from a proff. cab or welfare rights,unless ur sure u can fill forms out & there been no changes since last claim.(use an old claim form for existing claim)
    there trying to get as many as possible off dla & turning every1 down on 1st claims,so please be careful.
    hope all goes well & now ur back on top of list some1 else might have better advice for u.i dont do legal gargan just what i know ive read. good luck debsx
  • plmb48
    plmb48 Member Posts: 125
    Options
    mash65 wrote:
    hi,just noticed that no1s answered u.
    yes ive heard of this it was a new thing government has brought out.
    its to check that ur getting the money ur entitled too.
    but be careful cause ive read horrible stories of them reducing benefits.
    so i would advise u to get advice from a proff. cab or welfare rights,unless ur sure u can fill forms out & there been no changes since last claim.(use an old claim form for existing claim)
    there trying to get as many as possible off dla & turning every1 down on 1st claims,so please be careful.
    hope all goes well & now ur back on top of list some1 else might have better advice for u.i dont do legal gargan just what i know ive read. good luck debsx
    thanks debs
    i havent had a form but thought it was worth talking about but if i do i will follow your addvice paulinex
  • petmad
    petmad Member Posts: 252
    Options
    Pauline, like Debbs I caution people to be careful. It is a number of years now since people were awarded DLA for life...other than accidentally.

The reason for this is that if you have the award for life it is just that...for life. Recent awards are only for three year periods or until the age of 65. This is because you will then not be eligible to apply for DLA at that age. You will get attendance allowance not care component and you will not get any form of mobility allowance.

It is clear that it is in the governments best interest that people get the minimum form of benefit that it is possible to pay. It clearly is not based on what people need or deserve. Linda
  • noeltone
    noeltone Member Posts: 878
    Options
    Hi all I got award in jan 08 for DLA indefinit period which i guess means for life after i have been getting it for 2-3 years at a time since the 90s perthaps thyeve had enough of me he he,i agree they are mean in giving out these awards and be careful of review of benefits the only review they would like to do is cut it????? what happens at 65 in life awards Chrisov
  • vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    Options
    Hi

I was originally awarded DLA for life but a few years ago it changed to indefinitely. They said that no one gets it for life now :roll: Don't know if that's right or I was being fobbed off.

Love
    Vonski x
  • noeltone
    noeltone Member Posts: 878
    Options
    What is a defintion of indefinitely does that mean for life ????
  • vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    Options
    Hi Chrisov

I'm not sure but would be interested to find out too. I think it means there is no set time for it to finish but :!: :!: :!:

Love
    Vonski x