still working out how to use site. Help please!

Options
mistywillow
mistywillow Member Posts: 711
edited 23. Mar 2009, 15:03 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
Really glad i joined this site and its great meeting you all, however not sure when replying to a post whether to reply to the original person who put up the post or just add my comment to the last person who replied to the post??
Think my computer skills need tweeking!!
Gill x 8)

Comments

• vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    edited 19. Mar 2009, 18:21
    Options
    Hi Gill

Don't think it really matters. I normally reply to the original to start with them if someone says something about my post reply to them. Hope that makes sense, I have cotton wool for a brain :)

ps Forgot to say welcome to the site :)

Love
    Vonski
  • colinone
    colinone Member Posts: 1,039
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Gill
    It doesent really matter as long as you remember the name of the person you are posting to. Why dont you join us on the following and hone your skills with some quick action.

On Wednesday 8th April we are going to try and set a new record for most people being online at the same time on this site. I think the time is set for 6pm if you can join us please let BADGER know. If you cant locate him have a look on CHIT CHAT FORUM under are we going to break the record. We need your help to do this so please join us.
    Colin
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Gill
    The joy of this forum is that sometimes it wanders into unknown territory, but somewhere along the line the original question is usually answered to the best of everyone's ability. I don't think anyone minds how you want to reply. The main thing is that we offer each other support and information based on our own experience of living with arthritis. That's how I see it, anyway. :D
    Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • jackie1955
    jackie1955 Member Posts: 632
    Options
    Hi Gill, The postings are a bit like an on-going conversation! Sometimes you could reply or add your comment days/weeks after the original posting :) then if you wish to reply to someone elses remarks just add their name, as follows.....

Vonski, hi yes I agree it doesn't really matter :!:

Colinone: It looks like we are going to beat the record hopefully :)

Jackie x
  • mistywillow
    Options
    jackie1955 wrote:
    Hi Gill, The postings are a bit like an on-going conversation! Sometimes you could reply or add your comment days/weeks after the original posting :) then if you wish to reply to someone elses remarks just add their name, as follows.....

Vonski, hi yes I agree it doesn't really matter :!:

Colinone: It looks like we are going to beat the record hopefully :)

Jackie x

Well lets give it a go!!
    Hi Vonsky, Colinone, Joan and Jackie
    Thank you for your replies, This site is a bit addictive isn't it. Its like I've found a whole load of people who still love life but know what it is to wake up in the morning and not really want to get out of bed because it's just too painful!!
    I will try to log on on Wed but it is one of the rare evenings when I am going out, but probably could join you at the start.
    Hope you all have a good painfree day XX Gill :lol:
  • debsmartin
    debsmartin Member Posts: 209
    Options
    Hi All

I'm like Gill have been posting for a few months just recently I've kept hearing about the chit chat forum but have only just found it today, didn't reaslise there were other chat forums. I had this one saved as a shortcut but now have a whole new area to investigate

debs
  • mistywillow
    Options
    debsmartin wrote:
    Hi All

I'm like Gill have been posting for a few months just recently I've kept hearing about the chit chat forum but have only just found it today, didn't reaslise there were other chat forums. I had this one saved as a shortcut but now have a whole new area to investigate

debs

Hi Debs
    I also started on living with forum but now hop between the others too as they are all good and full of nice people!
    Enjoy hopping! :lol: Gill
  • debsmartin
    debsmartin Member Posts: 209
    Options
    debsmartin wrote:
    Hi All

debs

Hi Debs
    I also started on living with forum but now hop between the others too as they are all good and full of nice people!
    Enjoy hopping! :lol: Gill

Hi Gill
    I'm enjoying myself catching up on all the chat on the forums. I'll never get any work done

debs
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,457
    Options
    Hi Mistywillow
    Welcome from me!!!
    pleased to meet you and looking forward to seeing your posts!
    take care
    Toni
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    I was reading a post in the week and found that I had replied to the wrong question and, whatsmore my reply read really out of place - I congratulated someone on a good hospital visit when the thread I put it on was someone who was having problems :oops: :oops: :oops: I deleted it quickly and hoped no-one noticed. :D :roll: So don't worry. Love Sue
  • mistywillow
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    Hi Mistywillow
    Welcome from me!!!
    take care
    Toni

Hi Toni
    pleased to meet you too, its quite nice to just pop in at any time of the day or night and have some one to chat to.
    x Gill :lol:
  • mistywillow
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    Hi Mistywillow
    Welcome from me!!!
    take care
    Toni

Hi Toni
    pleased to meet you too, its quite nice to just pop in at any time of the day or night and have some one to chat to.
    x Gill :lol:

and Sue
    I know what you mean, i find myself triple checking my posts in case i've written something that could be misunderstood! :?
  • brian35
    brian35 Member Posts: 58
    Options
    One thing I would like is the ability to put up your own Avatar or picture. I find it confusing to see several using the same butterfly!
  • mistywillow
    Options
    brian35 wrote:
    One thing I would like is the ability to put up your own Avatar or picture. I find it confusing to see several using the same butterfly!

Hi Brian
    you re right, sometimes i see the atavar i have chosen and think I wrote the message ( i'm easily confused :lol: )
    It would be nice to be able to pick your own except I wouldn't have a clue how to do it. I have however noticed that Joseph seems to get some good pics, how does he do it :?: :?
    Gill
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    I have however noticed that Joseph seems to get some good pics, how does he do it :?: :?
    Gill

I use Firefox as a browser and run two tabs (tabs are seperate pages, most browsers will do multiple tabs), at the same time. If not then run two copies of the browser and change at the bottom of the screen on Windows.

I run one on here and one on http://www.cosgan.de/smilie.php?wahl=16&ziel=haushalt or use the list at the side to suit.

Just choose which pic, left click the mouse on it and look for the highlighted text in a box at the bottom of the page, then right click on that text >copy. Change tab to here and right click>paste into the text. Appears as {img]http://www.cosgan.de/images/midi/haushalt/b070.gif[/img} or similar in your reply text. Then always click on preview and the image should appear, so check before posting.

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • jackie1955
    jackie1955 Member Posts: 632
    Options
    a055.gif

Wow! Thanks for that lesson - I can add more smilies now :)

gosh I'm sooo pleased lol

Jackie x
  • vonski
    Options
    Hi Gill and Debs

If you get addicted to this site, easily done :) The housework won't get done :) Even if your not posting you will be reading :):)

Love
    Vonski x
  • mistywillow
    Options
    vonski wrote:
    Hi Gill and Debs

If you get addicted to this site, easily done :) The housework won't get done :) Even if your not posting you will be reading :):)

Love
    Vonski x

Thank you Joseph will give that one a go!!
    Well done Jackie you've sussed it.

Vonski I hope you are feeling better today. Who cares about housework!!
    Gill x :lol:
  • mistywillow
    Options
    vonski wrote:
    Hi Gill and Debs

Love
    Vonski x

Thank you Joseph will give that one a go!!
    Well done Jackie you've sussed it.

Vonski I hope you are feeling better today. Who cares about housework!!
    Gill x :lol:
    a040.gif

Joseph
    Thank you!! What fun e050.gif

Gill
  • brian35
    brian35 Member Posts: 58
    Options
    But still can't put up your own Avatar ... :oops:
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    brian35 wrote:
    But still can't put up your own Avatar ... :oops:
    Looked at the avatars at Profile>Forum Preferences and decided none of those available truly reflected my personality or style. So, not can't but didn't. My choice to use the cool emoticon in all my posts instead.

Hence, Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • vonski
    Options
    Hi Gill

Looking at my house now it's more what is housework :oops:
    :)

Love
    Vonski x
  • mistywillow
    Options
    vonski wrote:
    Hi Gill

Looking at my house now it's more what is housework :oops:
    :)

Love
    Vonski x

Hi Vonski
    Housework is the stuff that even if you do it today will still need doing again tomorrow :wink:
    Love Gillx

ps are you feeling better?
  • vonski
    Options
    Hi Gill

How true that is. Thanks for asking I'm feeling a bit better, dosed up on pain killers and watching the dust swirl round :lol:

Love
    Vonski x
  • mistywillow
    Options
    vonski wrote:
    Hi Gill

How true that is. Thanks for asking I'm feeling a bit better, dosed up on pain killers and watching the dust swirl round :lol:

Love
    Vonski x

a065.gifa010.gif

You and me doing our housework.......... Not !
    Gill x