Quick Update

Options
weerosie
weerosie Member Posts: 22
edited 20. Mar 2009, 11:48 in Living with Arthritis archive
:)
Hi All,

Just thought I would give you all a quick update on how things have been going. I was recently told I had Arthritis in my SI Joint - quite a shock at the age of 27!!! But, after seeing my own GP yesterday I feel so much more positive....it seems that my SI joint is starting to dislocate (not normally a thing to get happy about!) however, the good thing is that most of my pain is due to this and not the arthritis! whoopie! So I have been refered to the Spinal Unit at our local Hospital for a consultation with the orthopeadic (sp!?) doc. My own GP has requested an emergency appointment for me - but goodness only knows how long this will take!!! Even still, I am just so glad that it is looking like Old Arthur will be kept under control!

I am now taking Kapake 500mg and Voltarol 75mg - and am flying high!

Now, the doc has given me a set of crutches as I keep falling over (I'm honestly not drinking!) I've put sponges on the handles, but oh my, they hurt my hands so much - how do you guys cope with the blasted things!!!!

I hope you are all keeping well and that you are making the most of this glorious sunshine! :D

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,457
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Weerosie!
    That's GOOD news!!
    I am pleased for you. Hopefully it can be sorted out to a very large extent then.
    Meds good for you then?! Make sure you don't drive any lorries or aeroplanes while you're on 'em will you?!
    Take care
    Toni x
  • weerosie
    Options
    Hi!

Yes its great!!!! I just hope that things continue like this - my GP is amazing and wants everything sorted like yesterday! She is a real blessing.

As for the tabs - well, i'm in cloud cuckoo land - I've handed the car keys over to my better half after nearly running into the back of a brand spanking new BMW X6! Whoops - thankfully I just got the brake pads replaced on my car last month, so i stopped with about a millimeter to spare....I have been off work all week, but have decided to come in today - bad mistake, I've done no work whatsoever!!! But I just couldn't live on ssp!!!!!

My hands are really killing me now - not sure if the crutches are worth the hassel! Limping about seems the easier option right now! :cry:
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi
    What are you on and can I have some? :!: :!: :!: :D Sue
  • weerosie
    Options
    woodbon wrote:
    Hi
    What are you on and can I have some? :!: :!: :!: :D Sue

Are you asking me to be your dealer!!!!!! tut tut!!!! I think its mainly the sunshine that has made such a difference, well that and the copius amounts of jellybeans I've been munching!!!!

Just took my pain meds so now I'm fighting the urge to go to sleeeeeeeeeeep!!!! Perhaps a hop about the office on my crutches would wake me up!!!

xx :P xx
  • miss_l
    miss_l Member Posts: 138
    Options
    Ooo i know the drug feeling well !

Glad things are going well for you - your gp sounds amazing ! Can i borrow her!?

As for the crutches im afriad i cant help you - mine are also hurting my little handies !
    Im hoping someone will have a magical answer soon !!
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Weerosie,
    I'm with you there...... Floating pain killers and tons of E numbers! :lol:

On a serious note I'm glad your going to be sorted and I hope it goes really well for you, Take care, Cris
  • weerosie
    Options
    miss_l wrote:
    Ooo i know the drug feeling well !

Glad things are going well for you - your gp sounds amazing ! Can i borrow her!?

As for the crutches im afriad i cant help you - mine are also hurting my little handies !
    Im hoping someone will have a magical answer soon !!

I'm keeping my GP all to myself!!!!! Shame she is reaching retiring age!!! :cry:

Hope you all have a nice weekend. xx