Hands Swollen and Painful

Options
woodbon
woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
edited 22. Mar 2009, 08:45 in Living with Arthritis archive
I have been doing some house work this morning and my hands were hurting, but thats normal, then I looked down at them and noticed that they have swollen a lot more than usual. The base of my thumb, at the base in particular and some of nodules look red both hands feel hot but although swollen are not red. My wrists are painful and swollen and feel very hot as well. This is the first time the joints have felt hot and the swelling is quite a lot more than usual. I been feeling unwell this week, nothing much, just an upset tummy and headaches and achy. :shock: :( Love SUe

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,457
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Sue
    How many of us are suffering with our hands at the moment?!
    How odd!
    Sorry yours are so sore - you know what you have to do - put that hoover away! :wink: and have a rest.
    Perhaps you need an ice pack just now?
    Hope you feel better soon
    tak care
    Toni x
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Sue,
    With luck you have just overdone it a bit and they are reminding you not to? Sometimes mine swell, the wrist have at the mo but there is a reason and for me its always pay back. I hope with a bit of a rest yours will soon be ok again. Take care Cris x

Hi Toni,
    I don't want to worry you but Ilk has a case packed already...... xx
  • woodbon
    Options
    Hands must be in fashion :) :roll: Hoover going away. Love Sue
  • mistywillow
    mistywillow Member Posts: 711
    Options
    woodbon wrote:
    Hands must be in fashion :) :roll: Hoover going away. Love Sue

Hi Sue
    Sorry to hear your hands are playing you up. Housework is very bad for them. Go dirty and give them a tender loving ice pack!
    Gill x
  • breane
    breane Member Posts: 392
    Options
    Hi Sue,Sorry to hear your hands have been so painful.I've had three days of stiff and painful hands and on the second day they became quite hot.Using a cold pack hasn't really helped and I've noticed the palms of the hands look red just below the finger line.It seems many of us are having hand pain at the moment.My OA certinally moves around,hands,wrists,top of arms,knees and top of the feet.I guess I am one of the lucky ones as I do get a few days when the pain isn't too bad but I know it will return sooner or later.One thing I have noticed is that my flare up hand pain always gets worse on a Friday!! I wonder if anyone else finds their pain worsens on a certain day :?: Hope your hands will soon feel easier. Breane.
  • woodbon
    Options
    Hi My arthritis is certainly doing the rounds! Its not so painful if I don't do miuch, but I can't rest all the time, I would never be able to move :!: I think I woke up feeling I wanted and could do more today and just went for it!! I find pacing myself hard, I keep saying I won't overdo things but..... :? Also I feel guilty if things don't get done. My husband thinks I'm silly and he'll does a lot of things and would do more if he had to. :) I've had a stressful week too, occy health visit on Wednesday and they want to pension me off!!! It all takes it out of you. :wink: Love Sue
  • suzster
    suzster Member Posts: 1,328
    Options
    as most of you know i've had problems with my hands and doing the hoovering yesterday was impossible, it's usually an easy job for me but because i'm left handed and thats my most sore hand i had to give up! i want one of those robot hoovers, much easier i think!
    like others have said to me, rest your hands, they are useful things!!
    i hope they feel better soon.
    sue
  • woodbon
    Options
    I've been resting my hands, they are a bit less swollen, but still painful. I have an appointment to see my GP on Tuesday, and think I will mention it to her even if they're better. I do hate having to tell her about new symptoms, even though shes sypmathetic, I feel like a moaner :!: I'd probably find it easier if she wasn't so caring and I could have a real moan! :? :) Love Sue