solpadol

Options
breane
breane Member Posts: 392
edited 22. Mar 2009, 08:29 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi,if anyone is taking Solpadol,can they tell me if they had nausea when first starting on this pain killer.I started by taking two of the dissolving tablets but shortly after I had nausea and felt very hot. The Sopadol I am taking is 500mg paracetamol plus 30mg codeine.I am now taking just one tablet each time but it does not give the same pain relief as two.Perhaps the nausea wears off the longer you take the tablets. :?: Breane.

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Breane

Unfortunately nausea is one of the side effects of this med. If the nausea continues for a number of days I would get in touch with whoever prescribed them for you.

Take care
    Elna
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • eckstardeluxe
    eckstardeluxe Member Posts: 1,192
    Options
    Yes that's common, most of the time when I've taken it I've felt "giddy" but as I've said before on here and I know it makes me sound like a weirdo, :lol: I like it. It takes me back a few years if you know what I mean. :wink: The more you take them though, the better they build up in your system and the sicky kind of feeling goes.
  • wendy57
    wendy57 Member Posts: 17
    Options
    breane wrote:
    Hi,if anyone is taking Solpadol,can they tell me if they had nausea when first starting on this pain killer.I started by taking two of the dissolving tablets but shortly after I had nausea and felt very hot. The Sopadol I am taking is 500mg paracetamol plus 30mg codeine.I am now taking just one tablet each time but it does not give the same pain relief as two.Perhaps the nausea wears off the longer you take the tablets. :?: Breane.
    Hi I am on similar tablets and find that if you take them after a meal you don't get that sickly feeling, mine say you can take them during or after a meal, so try that and see how you go, Hope it works for you, good luck. :) wendy57
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,457
    Options
    Hi
    I used to take them and managed to get used to them over time.
    Have lost my tolerance to them now though and HATE that nauseous feeling.
    Good luck
    Toni x
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi,
    I can tolerate codine, but I know a lot of people can't. I'd go back to the doctor who prescribed them, their are other pain killer that are strong but may not make you feel sick. :wink: Don't give up I'm sure you'll find the right medication. :) It may even be a virus, so when you feel better, if you can stand it, try it again. :shock: :wink: Good luck, feel better soon, Love Sue