Lansoprazole

jackie1955
jackie1955 Member Posts: 632
edited 23. Mar 2009, 17:46 in Living with Arthritis archive
When I saw rheumy he said he would write to gp and get me something to protect my stomach. I saw gp later same day and told him that, whereby he prescribed Lansoprazole, 30mg.

Now I've read of lots of you are on stomach protectors, but not seen this particular one mentioned........ anyone on it? What if my rheumy wanted me to start on a different one :shock: What shall I do?

Jackie x

Comments

• vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Jackie

Yep I take lansoprazole 30mg, the ones that dissolve on your tongue. I used to take high dose Zantac but was given these in hospital and was told they were better.

Love
    Vonski x
  • debatat
    debatat Member Posts: 659
    Hi Jackie

I take lansoprazole 30mg as well. Mine are gastro resistant capsules (they don't dissolve on tongue). They were prescribed for me by my rheumy.

Deb
  • jackie1955
    Cheers Vonski, think I just swallow these.

But I read it says they may make you sleepy/drowsy - I thought great will help me sleep :!: Then I read it says take in morning before food :)

I take it you have no side effects then? I HATE drugs, always scared I'll have a bad reaction to them :(

Jackie x
  • vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    Hi Jackie

I have to take mine on a morning too, 1/2 to 1hr before food. I haven't had any side effects thank goodness :) I do prefer the ones that dissolve though, don't know why :roll:

Love
    Vonski x
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Hi Jackie, I take the Gastro-resistant Lansaprozole, I have so many problems with my stomach due to Anti-inflamatories, that my gp has put me on twice the dose so I take 60 mg, I wouldn't like to have ones that dissolved under me tonge, I am a bit of a coward and won't take things that I can taste love Jaspercatxx
  • jackie1955
    Hi folks,

Thanks for replies, I feel a bit easier about taking them now!

Will have first one tomorrow :)

Jackie x