HUMIRA

Options
kezzo1
kezzo1 Member Posts: 171
edited 4. Apr 2009, 07:47 in Living with Arthritis archive
starting humira soon pls can i have anyones feelings and thoughts on this drug? thanks xx :lol:

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,414
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Kezzo
    No experience sorry, but I do want to say I am pleased for you and hope that it works for you :)
    Good luck and don't forget to let us know how you get on
    Take care
    Toni x
  • addieo
    addieo Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi,
    I have been on Humira for the past two months. I havn't had any bad side effects but neither have I noticed any improvements yet.
    The only thing I have noticed is that I get a bit of sinus pain, something I never got before but which is apparently a side effect.
    ESR and CRP are pretty much the same, I am back to the hospital next week for a review.

Good luck for when you start, it helps take the sting out of injection if you rub an ice cube over the injection site for a few minutes before you inject.
    Take care,
    Rosa
  • jimmy77
    jimmy77 Member Posts: 71
    Options
    kezzo1 wrote:
    starting humira soon pls can i have anyones feelings and thoughts on this drug? thanks xx :lol:

It's so expensive they should get real.
  • salsal
    salsal Member Posts: 49
    Options
    ive been on it for about 10 mths and its totally transformed my life (virtually immediately) im much more mobile, less tired its great! ive had the odd blip but tweaking my mxt and taking a few pain killers sort it out. i didnt appreciate how good it was untill i did 2 nights and 3 days at crufts which usually i do on max dose of tramadol and cocodamol 30/500 and it left me in bed for a week afterwards with pain and fatigue this year no problem went straight back to work the next day as usual. as for the cost jimmy the materials are very expensive, im lucky enough to not even have to pay a px charge for it. hope you are as lucky as me on it
  • luckybug
    luckybug Member Posts: 205
    Options
    I have seen and felt a real improvement in myself since starting taking it, the pain started going immediately, and now I am moving much easier on a morning, at one time I was so stiff I couldn't move or turn over, now I can literally jump out of bed, I'm really pleased with it, yes it is dear at £350 a shot, but thats not for me to moan about, as I don't pay for it, the people who make it should lower the price, but to be honest when you are in as much pain as I was, you would pay anything to be pain free... I have had RA since age 2, I have been on everything under the sun, I'm now 44 and this is the best I have felt in 20 years, I'm dieting now, and hoping to lose some weight so I can move a little easier, 20 years of sitting around crippled up puts the weight on.
    Funny thing is though my Blood results go up and down every month, and I am bruising really easy, my GP called me and told me I had something wrong with my platelets which is something to do with my bone marrow, but they are monitoring it. I'm not worrying but I am feeling great, if you get it offered give it a go, don't expect miracles, I have had about 20 shots now and am feeling the benefit.