Feeling Down

Options
noeltone
noeltone Member Posts: 878
edited 30. Mar 2009, 11:52 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all i am sorry to moan in this post but i am feeling something rotten and I am very down in the dumps I have been quite chirpy for awhile but things have hit me bad and hence this post.
I am in so much pain and have had flare up and so tired I want to blast arthurititis but it does no good only moan left.
went for a job a week ago but did not get it despite being qualified have not worked since 1998 but as well forget it I guess, than mothers day came and theold old feelings have just came back even though I am now 52 I still miss not ever knowing her and how she did not ever wish to know me and I even posted a mothers day message how sad it has now hit me I have tried writing about it but it has made it worse.
I feel no one (meaning her ever liked me) so i cant like anyone now hows ad is that sorry for the maon

Comments

• vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Chrisov

Sorry, sounds like you are going through a really bad time right now. I can understand how you feel getting knocked back for the job. The same has happened to me, I ended up working with Victim Support, voluntarly. It got me out of the house and gave me a purpose. I cannot think of anything to say about your mum and how you feel that might help. The only thing I can say is that there are a lot of people on this forum who feel for you. Your mother missed out on a lot.

Take care

Love
    Vonski x
  • lindah
    lindah Member Posts: 445
    Options
    If you can't moan here where can you moan? :(
    As well as advice,jokes and putting the world to rights we're all in this together.
    Remember:
    Wherever you are it is your friends who make your world. (William James)
    Linda H
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Options
    Hi Chrisov, sorry that you are feeling so down, don't worry about having a moan, we all do it sometimes, hope that you soon pick up and are back to your normal chirpy self love Jaspercatxx
  • mistywillow
    mistywillow Member Posts: 711
    Options
    jaspercat wrote:
    Hi Chrisov, sorry that you are feeling so down, don't worry about having a moan, we all do it sometimes, hope that you soon pick up and are back to your normal chirpy self love Jaspercatxx

Hi Chrisov
    I don't know your story but i am so sorry that you are feeling so miserable. Parents can leave a powerful legacy which can be difficult to come to terms with and then when you receive the knocks that life dishes out it can be hard to remain upbeat.
    So don't worry about moaning, its what we are all here for, to try and give each other support especially during those blue times.

Gill x
  • eckstardeluxe
    eckstardeluxe Member Posts: 1,192
    Options
    Hi, I really felt for you reading your post. Arthur gets the better of me too and I thought I was a pretty tough cookie. I'm sorry Mother's Day brought everything back for you, as a Mother myself who doesn't encourage my kids to celebrate it, it made me realise how important it is to others and I'll definitely try to be more understanding with friends etc about it now. I hope you feel better soon, take care

Eck

x
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi chrisov

At least you are able to share with us your less happy as well as your elated moods and that is a compliment to us all. This darkness will pass although perhaps at the moment you feel it may not. You help so many on here with your wit, talent and knowledge.

We will be here when you bounce back and you shall. I hope you feel much better soon, both mentally and physically and I look forward to hearing from you shortly but in the meantime put yourself first. What you need is some TLC.

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    Hi Christov
    Firstly, I`m sorry that your arthritis is causing you so much pain at the moment. I hope it settles soon.
    Also, I wish I could say something to help regarding your feelings towards your mum. It must be difficult to deal with your emotions, especially when you cannot direct them at the person who you want to.
    We are always here to listen if you need to talk.
    Nicola
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm sorry you'r going through such a hard time at the moment. You are in bit of a bad patch, going over one bad thing after another. Having pain can make this worse for you. I can't say much, except that, for me, these feeling do go in the end and things get a bit better, the pain is not so bad, and you put the sad thoughts to the back of your mind. I hope you soon feel a bit better. Love Sue
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hello Chrisov
    I'm sorry to hear you are down at the moment. Coping with pain is bad enough, but then Mother's Day has made matters worse for you. You have a strong sense of rejection, which must be very hard to deal with, and I know that you have had a difficult life. But you have also achieved such a lot when the odds were stacked against you. I think you have an inner strength, and you should be proud of yourself.

I know that when depression strikes, it is very hard to dig your way out of it, and the words of well-meaning people like me often have little effect. However, we don't mind how much you moan, and it is good for you to write down your feelings. I think the depression will pass. Once when I was depressed, I made a list of reasons to be cheerful about my life, including things we take for granted, like having eyesight and hearing. Even though I felt miserable at the time, I surprised myself at all the good things ,and the list was long. I kept it and add more things on from time to time. I think it helps me to stay positive.

I hope you will feel better soon. I like to read your posts on the site.
    All the best
    Joan :)
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • petmad
    petmad Member Posts: 252
    Options
    Hi noeltone, I am so sorry you did not get the job, it is awful to be turned down particularly when you are qualified for the post. I can understand how you feel as I may be losing my own job having been off ill for so long and am afraid I will like you be turned down due to my arthur.
    In terms of your feelings regarding your birth mother, though I have not personally experienced this, my friend was adopted (we are both 53) and she has always felt the same as you. I think for many people who were given up by their parents it is always the loss of their mother they feel the most. There are organisations who can offer counselling, I don't know if you have thought of this, it is just a thought that you may wish to consider this.
    As for moaning, we have all used the group to do this. We are all friends here who share the long term effects of arthur and we all need to have a moan at times, here, among others who understand would appear the most appropriate place to do so. I hope you feel better soon and your spirits rise. Thinking of you. Linda
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    HI Chrisov / noeltone,

sorry to hear you are in pain right now. Can't your doc help at all? might be worth asking again?

as to the other stuff, have been feeling the same. I find that every year it gets harder rather than easier for me around morther's day - for different reasons to yours - so I am with you & thinking of you too. I have been asking my GP about help with getting my head sorted round all this - though I have been waiting a year so far, so glad that I didn't hold my breath!!

thinking of you and sending hugs. I hope it helps a little to know that others are feeling the pain with you.

take care,
    A xxxxxx
  • jeannie2
    jeannie2 Member Posts: 135
    Options
    Hello Noeltone,
    I liked you from the moment I joined he site! You cheered me up, dished out some commonsense, and some of your posts just 'held me together'. You're an OK, guy!
    Moan away ducks ... that's what we're here for. I hit rock bottom frequently and it's a hell of a struggle back up again, isn't it. Think when the pain and the negatives all get going together it takes the stuffing out of you and down you go. I'd probably feel better if I could go and choke my next door neighbour!!!!!
    Hope you'll bob back to the surface in a while and I'll have my pal back in top form.
    Hugs,
    Jeannie
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Christov
    I think other have said it before me but you are respected and liked by us here and we can't all be wrong. I hope so much your able to come back out of the darkness soon. Take care, Cris x

Wonky ((((())))) for you, Love Slipper boy and friends x
  • Wonkylegs
    Options
    ta skezier - just left you a post on the other thread!

oops. better go .......... 'she who eats everything however old and disgusting' just began to cough and splutter .......... can't be doing with that at this time of night!!

regards to slipper boy et al!
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    Sounds like things have all built up over the last few weeks and triggered a flare-up. So, feel free to have a moan and why not!

Even the smilies need cheering up sometimes. a020.gif

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • greyheron
    greyheron Member Posts: 167
    Options
    Just wanted to add to the sensitive messages you have already received and to say that my thoughts are with you, hope you will come through this 'down period' in time and always feel free to share those thoughts with us, that's one of the things we're here for.

Wendy
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options
    Hi Chrisov,
    I am so sorry the black dog is back.
    I'm not really suprised, what with Mother's day. :(
    If I had advertised that job I would have appointed you!!
    I do hope your spirits lift very soon.
    Take care
    Toni x
  • debsmartin
    debsmartin Member Posts: 209
    Options
    Hello Noeltone

So sorry to hear you feeling so down and sad I am sending you a big cyber hug and hope you soon feel back to fighting fit, I know we all value your friendship and words of wisdom

debs
  • Wonkylegs
    Options
    Hi

sending hugs to anyone who is feeling down right now, and to you Noeltone in particular for being such a good friend to us all on here.

)((((((((((((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Hi Chriov,

Please remember that it won't always be dark at six.

I hope you start to feel better very, very soon

Luv Legs :)
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • greyheron
    greyheron Member Posts: 167
    Options
    Joan - I just wanted to say a big 'thank you' for sharing your family story with us, it was so moving and inspiring. I know a little about these things as my parents fostered a baby girl from Barnardo's, they wanted to adopt her but were advised that this might 'stir things up' with the mother. She remained with us, took our surname by deed poll and says she has never really wanted to meet her birth mother though my parents and I would have supported her if she had wanted to. As you say, family life is complicated ...

Wendy
  • noeltone
    noeltone Member Posts: 878
    Options
    Hi all and many thanks for all of your kind messages they have really helped I seem to get tho e black clouds then panic and need some reasles on here and moan sorry
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options
    Hi Chrisov
    You GIVE as much as you take!! You need nevre appologise for feeling down - wee all do from time to time :)
    Good to see ypou posting
    Take care
    Toni x
  • mistywillow
    mistywillow Member Posts: 711
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    Hi Chrisov
    You GIVE as much as you take!! You need nevre appologise for feeling down - wee all do from time to time :)
    Good to see ypou posting
    Take care
    Toni x

Hi Christov
    Glad you are feeling a bit better. Here is the best place to moan,no one minds and it leaves us all free to have a good old moan or rant when we feel Down
    Take care of yorself
    Gillx