DLA update

Options
nearlybionic
nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
edited 25. Mar 2009, 20:21 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
After being declined for DLA, I asked for copies of the reports used to make their decision. They arrived today, well, a copy of my form, and a GP report. Apparently they never recieved a report form my surgeon! :shock:
I had wondered if the dr`s reports were going to say widely different facts than I had stated on my application. But, NO, my gp has backed up my information and explained it further.
So I have phoned DWP and explained the above, and that I still have a dysplastic hip with OA which needs surgery, and am currently 4 weeks post op from THR. And back problems. The nice man at DWP (sorry for sarcasm!!) asked if I needed any assistance re care? or had mobility problems? then asked if I had a date for my next hip op? Ermmm no, not yet!! I still have pain and stiffness in right hip (my own) but will not know how I will be completely re mobility as still on crutches. He said they had expected me to be `normal` by July! Wow that`ll be fast work for next op and recovery!! :roll:
He took info over phone and said they will reassess. If still no then I`ll appeal. I have my fighting spirit back now!! :wink:
NB

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Well NB
    I am so pleased to see you back!!!
    NOT DEFEATED after all!!!
    Weel done.
    I just BET you get it this time :)
    Let us know though...
    Toni x
  • vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    Options
    Hi NB

Glad you have your fighting spirit back, keep it up. Hope you get good news next time. Let us know how you get on :)

Love
    Vonski x
  • ikesother
    ikesother Member Posts: 171
    Options
    Hi NB, good for you with persisting, just seems that theres no communication between all concerned. It makes me mad when genuine cases are refused and others who are less disabled seem to get it no problem.

Can't see how they will be able to refuse when they get the surgeons report jk :wink:
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    Hi jk
    When did you apply? Did your consultant and gp send a report?
    I was asked to send any other evidence in too, but I have sent in xray reports, prescription lists and info re condition/surgery had/ intended. What else could I send?
    NB
  • mash65
    mash65 Bots Posts: 834
    Options
    good luck & dont give up.
    im still fighting for the mobility side & have asked for evidence they used to make the decision & havent heard a thing since beginning of feb,will have to ring & see what their up to.
    debsx
  • mandy_b1967
    mandy_b1967 Bots Posts: 115
    Options
    Good Luck keep fighting
    mandy
  • petmad
    petmad Member Posts: 252
    Options
    There is no reasoning ,that I can see , which would explain how they make their decisions. I have high mobility and low care yet my brother has low of both, he has been disabled with his heart for years.
    If anyone can show a clearly understandable method to the reasoning they use in their decision making I would love to see it. Linda
  • mash65
    mash65 Bots Posts: 834
    Options
    i'd love to see it too linda.
    my mother in law has LRC for tenosinovitis of the thumb. :x
    i have oa,cervical & lumber spondy.both knees,left hip,both hands,
    neck & spine.OH & tenosinivitis ive had that 25yrs & mobility problems but never claimed.
    turned down on 1st claim.
    2nd claim LRC. im walking on cructhes since last claim.
    lost my appeal.(dont ever what to go through that again)

so i get the same amount as some1 with a bad thumb/wrist.
    dont make sense to me.
    i cant clean the house every day;she can.
    i struggle to bathe twice a wk;she can every day.
    do u get my drift there :shock:
    somethings wrong somewhere. good luck to ever 1 with the system. it sucks!!!! debsx