If only everyday could be like today!!!

sharmaine
sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
edited 26. Mar 2009, 19:21 in Living with Arthritis archive
I just thought I would let everyone know that for the first time in over a month, I feel great. My knee is swollen and aches a bit but I have no pain ... the other troublesome joints: shoulder; back etc are being themselves today too. I can only put it down to the fact that I made myself have complete rest for the past 2 days. Generally, I like to set myself little targets for the day/week but this week I've carried them forward. I wish I could feel like this everyday.

I have even made a luscious bread pudding! The house smells yummy. I had to make it dairy free for my husband (he has eczema and can't tolerate dairy products). I added pecan nuts; dates; cinnamon; sultanas;sugar; vanilla and 2 tablespoons of rum. Instead of buttering the bread I pour hot boiling water (you could use milk) on the wholemeal bread and stir in about 3oz dairy free margarine. It turns out quite well. It's the way my gran used to make it - it's nice served cold as well as warm.

If I could skip I would!

Sharmaine

Comments

• vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Sharmaine

Wow what a day :) It's so good to hear of someone having such a nice day, hope you get a lot more.
    Can I come for tea :) That bread and butter pudding sounds yummy.

Love
    Vonski x
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    HI Sharmaine,

The smell of your bread and butter pudding has just wafted out of my PC - isn't technology fabulous :wink:

Glad you're enjoying your day - long may it continue. :D

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • sharmaine
    Hi everyone

Today when I'm feeling jolly and sprightly my husband is in Derby and he'll not be home until 11.00 pm. He's phoned a couple of times and is, of course, delighted that I'm feeling perky today.
    I feel like throwing out my tablets and having a glass of wine. I haven't had a drink since I've been on my medication. When they've replaced my knees I'm going to really enjoy a glass or two of wine.

Glad you are all enjoying the smell of my bread pudding!

Sharmaine
    lindalegs wrote:
    HI Sharmaine,

The smell of your bread and butter pudding has just wafted out of my PC - isn't technology fabulous :wink:

Glad you're enjoying your day - long may it continue. :D

Luv Legs :D
  • colinone
    colinone Member Posts: 1,039
    MMMMMM whats the smell
    glad to hear you having a good day
    Colin
  • mistywillow
    mistywillow Member Posts: 711
    colinone wrote:
    MMMMMM whats the smell
    Colin

Hi Sharmaine
    how great that you are feeling so good today. Hope every day is like today for you and if it is then watch out Delia and Nigella
    c085.gif
    don't overdo it mind :!:
    Take care of yourself
    love Gill x
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Hi Sharmaine
    Glad to hear you are feeling well and having a good day.

I had a good day too because I had a visit from my good friend. Two weeks ago, she had to have a mastectomy, which is every woman's nightmare, but yesterday she got the news that the cancer hasn't spread. She doesn't need any further treatment, except taking a drug.

The look of relief in her eyes was wonderful to see, and it made me so happy.

I hope you continue to have lots of good days, and lots of bread and butter puddings ( my favourite!)

By the way, your husband was in a great city today :!: :lol::lol:

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • jackie1955
    jackie1955 Member Posts: 632
    Hi Sharmaine, Lovely to read your happy postings...... hope you get more and more days like today!

mmmm your cake sounds lovely, don't eat too much lol h040.gif

Jackie x

p.s. Joan, thats great news about your friend :)
  • joanlawson
    Hi Jackie
    I laughed :lol::lol: when I saw that little fat person eating all the cake. My friend and I were so happy at her good news today that we worked our way through quite a few chocolate cakes :!: But who cares :?: You have to give in sometimes ( that's my excuse anyway!)
    Joan
  • sharmaine
    Hi everyone
    Joan - great news about your friend. Nothing like a pudding to make the news even sweeter.
    Jackie - how clever you are!
    I never realised what a moaner I was! I feel like a cloud has broken through with delightful sunshine! My bread and butter pudding is delicious. It wont' last ... my son and his wife will be over tomorrow and I'm sure my husband will polish the rest off with his numerous cups of tea/coffee. I'm a tea person myself! I know I can't overdo it and I won't. It's just nice to have one normal day.

Sharmaine
    joanlawson wrote:
    Hi Jackie
    I laughed :lol::lol: when I saw that little fat person eating all the cake. My friend and I were so happy at her good news today that we worked our way through quite a few chocolate cakes :!: But who cares :?: You have to give in sometimes ( that's my excuse anyway!)
    Joan
  • sharmaine
    Jo Joan
    Great news about your friend - she must be thrilled to bits.

My husband was fixing some I.T. problems in Derby. I'll have to go with him the next time - providing the knees aren't too wonky.

It has been a good day for all of us....!
    Sharmaine

joanlawson wrote:
    Hi Sharmaine
    Glad to hear you are feeling well and having a good day.

I had a good day too because I had a visit from my good friend. Two weeks ago, she had to have a mastectomy, which is every woman's nightmare, but yesterday she got the news that the cancer hasn't spread. She doesn't need any further treatment, except taking a drug.

The look of relief in her eyes was wonderful to see, and it made me so happy.

I hope you continue to have lots of good days, and lots of bread and butter puddings ( my favourite!)

By the way, your husband was in a great city today :!: :lol::lol:

Joan
  • sharmaine
    Hello
    I do love all those cookery programmes and enjoy cooking. However, I find it hard these days with OA in my knees. Going to see about getting a perching stool. I like good home cooking; home made jams; chutneys; marmalades etc. My husband had been asking me to make his favourite steak pie for months (no shop bought pastry) so I did. His face was a picture - who would have thought a pie could make someone so happy?

Sharmaine

colinone wrote:
    MMMMMM whats the smell
    Colin

Hi Sharmaine
    how great that you are feeling so good today. Hope every day is like today for you and if it is then watch out Delia and Nigella
    c085.gif
    don't overdo it mind :!:
    Take care of yourself
    love Gill x
  • joanlawson
    Hi Sharmaine
    You know what they say about the way to a man's heart is through his stomach :?: That steak pie obviously hit the spot :lol:

Joan