Systemic Sclerosis HELP

Options
megmot
megmot Member Posts: 26
edited 8. Apr 2009, 04:25 in Living with Arthritis archive
I have been diagnosed with Limited Systemic Scelerosis (crest syndrome) ,I am off work again in lots of pain have been on Methatrexate a month waiting for it to kick in.Anyone out there with advice to get back to work.

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Megmot,
    Sorry I can't help you but just wanted to say Hi and welcome to the site. :D have you contacted the helpline people? They are very good and will be able to help you. In the mean time I am sure someone will be along soon. take care, Cris
  • megmot
    Options
    skezier wrote:
    Hi Megmot,
    Sorry I can't help you but just wanted to say Hi and welcome to the site. :D have you contacted the helpline people? They are very good and will be able to help you. In the mean time I am sure someone will be along soon. take care, Cris

Thankyou and Hi
    I will ring the help line now
    :)
  • megmot
    Options
    Hi Skezier
    A very busy phone line ,I hate been off work and hate my body at the moment it just hurts and the family are good but dont want to lisen to me ,occ health talk to me as if i sould not be working and i just feel angory with my self but i now i am not in control of this.
    Sorry for the winging.
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Megmot,
    On here you are allowed to whinge and whinge away. It's very important that you feel supported as that helps to get it all back into perspective. It's why I have found the site so valuable as in 'the real world' I have no support at all.

You can't help but feel angry with your self, the world, the universe at times and slowly things get more bearable. I hope for you they soon do but don't forget these people here, me included, feel all of these things at various points and we all understand where you are coming from. I sending you ((()))'s and hope you soon get an answer from the helplines.

I'm off to undress some sheep..... :? you take care and don't forget there is always someone here for you. x
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hello Megmot, You must not feel stupid - you are unwell and not fit to work at the moment occy health support you as well as your employer. I know its hard being off work, sometimes the pain and all the fuss and bother of form filling get on my nerves. I also feel useless at times but this is part of any illness that goes on long term, I think. Try and except the bad feelings and in time, they will go over a bit and you'll get your confidence back, I'm sure. Of course you are allowed to winge on this site - its the best place to do it! :)

I am off work and have been for some time and occy health are in the process of retiring me. I am a care assistant with the elderly and have oa in lots of places including back, so this is the only sensible option. I am lucky, and have had a lot of support from the occy health doc.

I really hope that you'll soon feel better able to cope and feel stronger. I hope you find these few thoughts OK :!: I have gone on a bit, but thats me, my poor husband knows all about it.... :D Love and best wishes from Sue
  • megmot
    Options
    Thankyou both for your kind words and support, I have only been diagnosed three months had problems two years ,I am 42 married to a great man for 22years and have two daughters 18 and 21 this year,It is the future and how is the illnes going to afect me and the worry about been off work and the lose of income ssp dose not cover bills is there anything i should be claiming ? or looking in to. :)
  • debatat
    debatat Member Posts: 659
    Options
    Hi Meg

just wanted to say hi and sorry you are not well. Diagnosis can be a very difficult time. That is why this forum is so great, people understand and you don't feel so isolated. I hope that the helpline team were able to help you. They could also advise you on benefits. Hope that things improve for you soon,

Take care

Deb
  • megmot
    Options
    Hi all
    Thankyou for your kind words and support i will keep trying the help line :D